BYC Member Interview - BY Bob

The whole post is wonderful, but I was compelled to open the Boo video on YouTube and slow it right down to 0.25 speed so I could appreciate the finer points, like Jabber sliding off the plastic thing and hopping on the spot, Hattie barely lifting an eyebrow, and Lily watching the aftermath with such enthusiasm for thrills n spills!

Come to think of it, no wonder she had the upper hand once he was grown!
I need to do that myself. I never have.

It's a pleasure to meet you Bob! It's a good thing that you love to tell stories, as I love to hear/read them.

So, after guilting you into chicks while at TSC, did you wife continue to take part in raising chickens?
Now that is a great question. She has been pretty good over the years. It's not been like when you get the kids a dog and you wind up taking care of it for them.

I used to travel a lot for my job so she would be trudging out to the coop in the wintertime through the snow to make certain they had water and food and fresh snacks.

Once the initial ladies passed she kind of kept them at arms length. The losses hit her hard.

So she was not really attached to them until we added new hens this time. I got her the one chicken she wanted, Phyllis.

20200510_171338.jpg

She has really stepped up her game again since. Phyllis and her are tight. Phyllis has recently even been spending time with Mrs BY Bob in the house watching TV together.

If I'm home, and I have been home a lot lately, I take care of them. Mrs BY Bob doesn't just sit and spend time with them like i do, but she helps. And who knows, I may soon be living with Phyllis! :gig

Now that is a great question. She has been pretty good over the years. It's not been like when you get the kids a dog and you wind up taking care of it for them.

I used to travel a lot for my job so she would be trudging out to the coop in the wintertime through the snow to make certain they had water and food and fresh snacks.

Once the initial ladies passed she kind of kept them at arms length. The losses hit her hard.

So she was not really attached to them until we added new hens this time. I got her the one chicken she wanted, Phyllis.

View attachment 2179261

She has really stepped up her game again since. Phyllis and her are tight. Phyllis has recently even been spending time with Mrs BY Bob in the house watching TV together.

If I'm home, and I have been home a lot lately, I take care of them. Mrs BY Bob doesn't just sit and spend time with them like i do, but she helps. And who knows, I may soon be living with Phyllis! :gig

Phyllis is lovely Bob!

That's a great interview ByBob. Well paced with photos & videos at perfect intervals!
It's like a potted auto biography. 🥰

We have come a long way since we first got the chicks. Mostly it has developed through lessons learned the hard and lessons learned from all of you here on BYC.
I've learnt lots on BYC from your thread and others Bob. Especially about how to enjoy chicken company!

Back
Top Bottom