BYC Member Interview - JaeG

YASSSSSS!!!!!

Ok, Button quail photos!
1 Chick comparison.jpg

Cutie.jpg

These cute soft brown babies turn into these pretty adults:
7 Young dilute female.jpg

Dilute Male.jpg

They are like a diluted form of the wild colour.

Caramel male.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how this guy molts out. He's very handsome. It's the Caramel colour which is supposedly only in NZ and Australia. It appears to be sex linked and I've only hatched this one boy - lots of girls keep popping up though! I think it's caused that diluted colour too but I'm not really sure. I'd love to work out their genetics but I have no idea where to start!

Oddball baby.jpg

And this is Oddball who must be a boy (he has a red tail and is getting blue on his chest) but he has no white bib. And we don't have the 'Blue face' mutation here but maybe I can make it? He is a cinnamon but he's quite different to the other cinnamon boys who already have red right down their fronts (and the usual white bibs).

Bunch of babies.jpg
And here are my almost grown babies. We are keeping a few (at least).

Great intetview Jessica. Now i know a little bit more about someone I talk to alot. Always love the pics of your buttons. Now, if I can just get you "hooked" on pheasants!:gig

All it would take would be a move to the country (pheasants aren't allowed where we are at present) and I'm in! What is it about birds that's so addictive?

Back
Top Bottom