BYC Member Interview - SnapdragonQ

I LOVE SNAPPY QUILTS!!!!!! Stunning.

Snappy always makes me smile and feel warm, we are SO LUCKY to have her presence here and thanks to @N F C for featuring her incredible work!

snappy is my goat-and-gardening-guru and I’d be simply lost without her. I love when people are exposed to her artwork for the first time…. It’s jaw dropping to me what can be done in a quilt. She made me the most incredible memory quilt for a dog we lost. Every color here is a separate hand dyed fabric and the stitching feels like her hair. it’s just amazing to see and one of our most prized possessions.
17ED44D9-6D1F-410D-A00C-A46304320D76.jpeg

I LOVE SNAPPY QUILTS!!!!!! Stunning.

Snappy always makes me smile and feel warm, we are SO LUCKY to have her presence here and thanks to @N F C for featuring her incredible work!

snappy is my goat-and-gardening-guru and I’d be simply lost without her. I love when people are exposed to her artwork for the first time…. It’s jaw dropping to me what can be done in a quilt. She made me the most incredible memory quilt for a dog we lost. Every color here is a separate hand dyed fabric and the stitching feels like her hair. it’s just amazing to see and one of our most prized possessions.
View attachment 2866575

Wow, incredible quilt! Thanks for sharing a picture of it :)

Nicely written and illustrated interview.
Long arm envy!
Love the leaves.
The intricate stitching patterns are my fav,
are those fed by hand or CNC?
Thank you 🥰
Fed by hand. Or as we say in quilting, hand guided. I do not have robotics/a computerized system. Sometimes I will visually follow a paper printed pattern that is off to the side, but I am guiding the machine 100%. The horse and the blue feather quilts were improv free motion, which is my preferred quilting style.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing with us Snappy!! I love all of the pictures! Your garden and quilts are gorgeous! (and I should know, I have multiple quilts from you, LOL!) View attachment 2866489
I've never seen anything quite like your trio of broodies! Do you remember how that hatch turned out??? Did they raise a mix of babies together, or?
A mix of babies did hatch, but turkey moms are not the brightest so those kids went with the chicken and the duck took off and did her own kids.
They look like they are under there knitting, chatting, and being bff's, but they actually hated each other!
Whenever one had to get up to eat or potty there was a lot of shuffling and when that unfortunate one returned there would be a clatter of hissing and growling!
Sounded worse that fighting barn cats sometimes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom