Ended BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Poultry Pecking Pumpkins Photo Contest

Pics
ENTRY 2

Mr Smiley is looking quite hen pecked today. My gals are posing by their bounty.

View attachment 3645295
My chooks have proclivity for eyes - why just this past summer one of my chicks (Ruth the little pecker), pecked my eye giving me three great scratches on the cornea, causing me a few trips to the eye dr and a 10 day course of antibiotics!

My chooks have proclivity for eyes - why just this past summer one of my chicks (Ruth the little pecker), pecked my eye giving me three great scratches on the cornea, causing me a few trips to the eye dr and a 10 day course of antibiotics!
Oh you poor dear! :hugs I've been pecked in the eye a couple of times too, I had some blurry vision but didn't need a DR. Glad you are ok!

Oh you poor dear! :hugs I've been pecked in the eye a couple of times too, I had some blurry vision but didn't need a DR. Glad you are ok!
I waited a couple days before going to see the Dr. Of course everyone was mad I waited, and then at the Dr they had a good laugh at my situation - not every day one comes in with a line "well I was picking up my chick, and asked her 'how are you today Ruth?' when she pecked me in the eye - the little pecker!" And we all know where those beaks have been - horse poop, chicken poop, bugs, dirt.... :)

She and her sister are still my babies, they like to sit on my lap while I work on the laptop - at 13 weeks though it's a fight for space on my lap!

I have a photo of Ruth sticking her head in Mr Smileys eye, I will have to post it later on hahaha :)

I waited a couple days before going to see the Dr. Of course everyone was mad I waited, and then at the Dr they had a good laugh at my situation - not every day one comes in with a line "well I was picking up my chick, and asked her 'how are you today Ruth?' when she pecked me in the eye - the little pecker!" And we all know where those beaks have been - horse poop, chicken poop, bugs, dirt.... :)

She and her sister are still my babies, they like to sit on my lap while I work on the laptop - at 13 weeks though it's a fight for space on my lap!

I have a photo of Ruth sticking her head in Mr Smileys eye, I will have to post it later on hahaha :)
My face is always too close to their beaks too, love those lap sitters! A couple of years ago one of my birds went after one of my teeth and got my lip instead, took a big bite out of it. The next day I had a dental appointment and of course the question of, "what happened to your lip" came up. :D Saying I was bitten by a chicken caused huge roars between the dentist and dental assistants. :gigSo much fun! :lol:

Can finally enter! Here is Cadbury my pumpkin lover!
Hoping to get one of Roocifer soon his colors would match perfectly 🎃 (entry 1)
IMG_4941.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom