BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

Reminded me of this.
0C7F51DD-C1C0-46E6-B7BE-EAA161595950.jpeg

This is so sad, but last year when I was cleaning out my house I threw away an entire set of 1972 World Book Encyclopedias. I used those things forever. Unfortunately they aren’t accurate anymore. It breaks my heart because I know how much money those things cost way back when.

This is so sad, but last year when I was cleaning out my house I threw away an entire set of 1972 World Book Encyclopedias. I used those things forever. Unfortunately they aren’t accurate anymore. It breaks my heart because I know how much money those things cost way back when.

I volunteer for the library book sales here. You can't give old encyclopedia sets away. The old Time-Life series hardly bring in anything either. We do generate a fair amount of money for the library. In fact we've been beating records with almost every sale over the last year, but those big, bulky monsters have long-since been been replaced by the web.

I volunteer for the library book sales here. You can't give old encyclopedia sets away. The old Time-Life series hardly bring in anything either. We do generate a fair amount of money for the library. In fact we've been beating records with almost every sale over the last year, but those big, bulky monsters have long-since been been replaced by the web.
I did call several places to see if by chance anyone might want them. Nope! You’d think I was trying to give away a mangy dog.

I also had the World Book “Science Yearbooks” and World Book “Year Books.” I think my parents purchased about 10-12 years of them. It’s really a shame.

Back
Top Bottom