1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

C-ranky

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ravishaw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I have a fun little flock of 13 hens, 2 pullets, and a rooster named Stew-to-be.

This morning I surprised my flock by throwing the leftover eggwhites from last nights deviled eggs out for them. They love egg whites!

Later as I was walking around outside getting ready to shove off for work I heard the loudest racket coming from the coop. I sauntered over and to my surprise I saw my anti-social wynadottes in the nesting boxes. All three! I have 3 boxes, and 3 anti-social wynadottes. It was just cool to see. The FUNNIEST part was the white leghorn (who is a bit paranoid of her shadow) was hollering for all she was worth at the three ladies hogging up the nesting boxes. She was fit to be tied, and loud. I've heard some of my hens and I hear their calls and cackles echo off my neighbors walls, but this was different. She was MAD, she was pacing on the board outside their boxes, just an unhappy hen. Clearly she wanted one of those wynadottes to move it... or else! Well the three wynadottes all had their fluffy rear ends pointed at the leghorn, and weren't the least bit interested in moving for her. They just ignored her. Poor hen.

I bought 3 new boxes and just need to find a place to install them.

2. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    dont you just love a cranky hen! I can sit for hours and watch my chickens, but the two cranky ones are the most entertaining!

3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Funny!! [​IMG]

4. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

[​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Poor Hen! [​IMG]

7. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    LOL!!!! [​IMG] I have to agree, angry hens are one of the best types of Chicken TV!!!

8. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    It is amazing how expressive chickies can be!! You have NO DOUBT what they are telling you (or the other fluffy butts who are causing the problem)!!

9. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    ROTFL [​IMG]

10. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by