Ca Foothills Newbie

auburnchickens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 6, 2013
California Gold Country
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all! Tomorrow we'll be bringing home 4 chicks as first timers, and we can't wait. 4 kids (4-11) are very excited. Lots of good advice on here, so we'd like to thank the experienced among you for helping us decide on coop, run, and breeds - thanks!

We'll update after everyone gets settled in...

I just joined today too, and am also in the foothills. Hope we can learn a few things. GL with your chicks, I'm only brave enough for pullets, we get them in two weeks.

welcome-byc.gif

Our Deleware, Barred Rock, and Gold Sex Link are great new guests! The Ameraucana won't be here 'til Thursday, but the kids haven't watched TV or played any electronics for 3 hours. Brooder heat is stable, and all systems are go. Spent 3 hours prepping the ground for the coop/run, moved the no-longer used wooden playhouse (I stripped most of it down last weekend, thinking I'd throw it away, but I'm going to use it as a corner of the run since it's large, stable, and provides 4' X 4' of shade with its roof) into position, and framed the bottom portion of the run from wood laying in the corner of the yard. Tomorrow I hope to buy all the rest of the materials and begin working on the coop. Got until early June, so all should be ready by then. What a joy to hear their peeps while eating dinner. Thanks for the kind replies!

Back
Top Bottom