Cackle Hatchery Cochins

Nikki816

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2012
circleville, OH
Has anyone gotten Cochins from Cackle? How are they? I ordered the assortment of LF cochins and they are due to ship tomorrow. They are just back yard layers but i am hoping for nice big birds (not like the brahmas i had from mt healthy that were about 5lbs)

I ordered some LF Buff Cochins from Cackle Hatchery years ago and they were very nice birds. They probably wouldn't have won any poultry shows, but they were very large, beautiful, and gentle birds. I can't promise of course that the quality is still the same as it was then.

I ordered some LF Buff Cochins from Cackle Hatchery years ago and they were very nice birds. They probably wouldn't have won any poultry shows, but they were very large, beautiful, and gentle birds. I can't promise of course that the quality is still the same as it was then.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't need show quality because the assortment will interbreeding (mixed colors). I just want them to be big gentle birds like cochins should be. I have heard Cackle has some of the "best" hatchery quality birds (closer to ideal then other hatcheries).

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't need show quality because the assortment will interbreeding (mixed colors). I just want them to be big gentle birds like cochins should be. I have heard Cackle has some of the "best" hatchery quality birds (closer to ideal then other hatcheries).

I've ordered from Cackle on a number of occasions as well as Murray McMurray, Ideal Poultry, and Dunlap Hatchery, and I have been happy with all four of their birds and service. I actually had a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen and rooster from Murray McMurray that won first in show at the Hunt County fair years ago. Nobody was more surprised than I was. :eek:)

16 Babies arrived safe and sound

Back
Top Bottom