Cackle Hatchery or Mt Healthy ?

charlie1051

Chirping
Nov 15, 2022
Hi, this has probably been discussed a million times on here but I couldn't find it- I've ordered from Cackle in the past and all was good but now I'm looking to early-bird order for 2023 from Mt Healthy and I've noticed that their prices are quite a bit higher than other hatcheries. I was just wondering if their quality makes it worth the extra $$. Thanks in advance for the help and thoughts !

Last edited:
Though not directly ordering from Mt. Healthy Hatchery, I've gotten plenty of chicks from them. Their chicks have done great and I've had a lot of luck with them.

Mt Healthy is offering 10% off with orders before February FYI.
My neighbors have ordered from them twice and love the chicks. So I put in an order this year for 10 chicks. I like that you can get 10 for only $15 shipping, and you can get individual types of each breed. They had a lot of varieties I couldn’t find at other places. I put in a small order at Ideal Poultry, also.

Hello I Love eggers, thank you for this information! I apologize for my late response. The weather has been monumentally bad where I live, causing serious home and coop issues that have detracted me from my love of all things chicken for several weeks now.

Hello I Love eggers, thank you for this information! I apologize for my late response. The weather has been monumentally bad where I live, causing serious home and coop issues that have detracted me from my love of all things chicken for several weeks now.
Sorry to hear that, hope you are ok!

I am a newbie to Mt Healthy and placed an order the other day. I did not notice their prices being higher though; huh.

I was so caught up in their NOT charging shipping!!! You should have seen me staring at the screen, looking under my computer desk all around looking for my shipping charges . . . NONE! Not to mention they had what I want. Many other hatcheries would have had me waiting until pert near end of the year. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I just got black australorps from Mt Healthy, the chicks are 3 wks "old" now, healthy and happy floofers. Really sweet bunch of chicks, def more pricey than other places but they had what I wanted, when I wanted so I'm not griping about a few bucks more!
The chicks were bright eyed and excited to meet the world outside the shipping box 😊
I was very pleased with their prompt communications and they shipped to a closer post office per my request without a hitch, 100% smooth transaction 👍🏼⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mt Healthy is offering 10% off with orders before February FYI.
My neighbors have ordered from them twice and love the chicks. So I put in an order this year for 10 chicks. I like that you can get 10 for only $15 shipping, and you can get individual types of each breed. They had a lot of varieties I couldn’t find at other places. I put in a small order at Ideal Poultry, also.
Hello, I know this is an older thread, but I was just looking at Mt Healthy for Buckeyes https://www.mthealthy.com/birds/buckeye and Buff Orpingtons https://www.mthealthy.com/birds/buff-orpington , and they listed 3 minimum for each breed. There's a link to "conditions" where it seems you have to order three of each breed at a minimum. But they also write on each chick page "Chickens require a minimum quantity of 3 to ship, you may mix breeds of the same species." So the terms "species" and "breed" are critical, meaning chickens versus ducks as species? I am slow on the uptake here. Sounds like I can get 3-4 chickens of different breeds?
I am happy that they have Buckeyes and these Orps available and could ship together in June. I only wanted max four more chickens (I have four Buckeyes right now).
https://dl.airtable.com/.attachments/8bd39c005473ac2086fac095598f5906/da3cb3c5/HatcheryPolicies.pdf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom