Cackle Hatchery reviews

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kenzier093, Nov 2, 2013.

1. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Any reviews about Cackle Hatchery? Good or bad experience?

2. BettyBlueSilkie

BettyBlueSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    WA
    [​IMG]

3. salkxsj

salkxsj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2013
    San Diego
    [​IMG]
    from San Diego

4. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC!

I've ordered from Cackle and was very pleased. My bird arrived safe and healthy. I did get shipped GLW's instead on GL Polish, when I called to let them know that I had the wrong birds they immediately sent me the correct chicks. No charge. I believe I lost one pullet of the 25 in that order. Their sexing was great too, ordered 25 pullets and only ended up with one Marans roo. I'll definitely order from Cackle again.

1 person likes this.
  5. Aamanda

Aamanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    You were one of the few lucky ones. I am however very glad to hear you had a good experience!!

6. jamieme

jamieme Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2013
    I ordered bantam easter eggers from cackle and I felt like they did a good job. I would order from them again.

7. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I've never seen a banty egger, now I must go look. Thanks!

8. Aamanda

Aamanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Linn Creek, MO
    You might as well order them from the breeders they buy their eggs from. Cheaper

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    What makes you think they don't maintain breeding flocks?

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I can only speak to their large fowl Old English Games. Two years ago I was judging a large fair show & there were several very nice Games all being shown by the same person. After the show I spoke with him & he reported that all the Games came from Cackle. I bought a Brown Red pullet from him & she was a real asset to my breeding program. I called Cackle & spoke with their flock manager. He stated that they did, in fact, maintain breeding flocks of the large fowl Games. I didn't ask about anything but the Games.
    BTW-entered that pullet in a show that had a special $100 prize for the best game-she won it.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by