Cackle hatchery?

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
I've never ordered from Cackle, but I was looking through their catalog last night and noticed they have some rare breeds and varieties. How do they compare to other major hatcheries? Compared to Mcmurray, Privett or Ideal, how are their birds quality? Healthy on arrival? Do they have good customer service or not? I'm thinking about ordering Blue Sumatras and Silver duckwing or white yokohamas and bantam Black breasted red cubalayas. Has anybody out there ordered these breeds from Cackle? How were they? Opinions please!

Never ordered the breeds you mentioned but, I have ordered others and was very pleased with everything. Chicks were all healthy(never lost a one). M-Mcmurray was Ok too but, did lose a couple of chicks. Ideal, lost a lot of chicks!

I ordered my day old chicks from Cackle hatchery last yr. They threw in an extra chick and they are are alive and thriving. I've never ordered from the other hatcheries and I haven't ordered those breeds.

I've heard people are having a hard time getting through to them on the phone this yr, but last yr I had excellent customer service.

The majority of our local Rural King stores order from them and have been for yrs. They have nothing but positive things so say about them.

I was just on the phone yesterday talking to the woman in charge of ordering chicks for one local Rural King and she was saying that she wouldn't order anywhere else and that the chicks are always so healthy.

Good luck w/ your decision. I'm very pleased w/ my flock.

I have ordered from them for years. They are real good about sending only pullets when sexed. I have never had great loses on the chicks. I was always pleased with my orders.

I ordered from Cackle about 3 weeks ago. I ordered 25 bantams (assortment). During the week that the bantams were delivered the temp in South Louisiana was down to 54 degrees. I was so worried that all of them would be dead because of the temp. Well to my surprise, when the Post Office called me at 4:38AM (yes, you read the time right) , I jumped out of bed and went to pick them up. As the Post Office employee stood next to me as I opened the box, to my surprise only 1 chic was dead. It looked as if he was too, too small to have survived. It looks like they trampled him (poor baby). Also to my surpise, they sent a total of 31 (including the dead chic). So all in all, I received 30 live chics and I only ordered 25. To date NO chics have died. I have all survivors. All are healthy and growing beautiful.

The customer service was great. I called 3 times before placing my final order. The phones were answered promptly and the customer service reps. were very helpful. I have not had any problems with Cackle.

Here is the link below so that you can see my chics. It's not the best quality pictures but I tried my best.
smile.png

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/Louisianagirl_photos/

Back
Top Bottom