Cackle Hatchery?

Chicken George

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 25, 2012
So last month I lost 9 chicks and I was really sad about that. So my dad took the liberty of ordering 15 Sapien chicks from Cackle. I'm really worried about the babies because they were shipped out on the 30'th Since Cackle is in the south and I'm in California the chicks could be dehydrated or dead. What do you guys think?

My chicks were fine from Cackle I do live closer but they arrived fine. Just make sure you put electroltyes in the water and dip each chicks beak in the water

I ordered 15 Easter egger pullets on a Monday, they arrived Wednesday a.m. Not as far as yours to be shipped, but mine arrived looking extremely healthy, one extra in the box. So far, they are growing lie crazy, and look better than any other chicks I've gotten this year.

we've ordered from cackle twice and all the chicks were a live and there was one extra. but both times we ordered there was a runt and laast year one of the wyandottes we ordered was a boy. and we had a brahma with a single comb and a EE with a half butter cup half pea comb

Last edited:
I ordered from Cackle this year for the first time. My chickens came in and were just fine. There was 1 leghorn that was a runt, that died the day after she got here. I also go 1 rooster when I only ordered pullets. However, all of them are doing well. I will definitely order from there again.

Hope your order was received in good health.

My dealings with Cackle were horrible. Customer service never quit talking long enough to find out why I was calling--and that was after spending two days trying to talk to someone. First time "customer service" answered, I was on hold for eight minutes. Finally, I hung up and redialed only to be put on hold again.

If you don't have a problem they may be a good place to place an order.

However, my experience with Cackle was quite different. Resolution on a simple matter turned into unbearable conversations due to disorganization on their part that followed an initial poor communication from them as to shipping policy. As it turned out, I was notified of a refund of my chick order (certainly left me hanging out) via email instead of simply understanding how a shipping invoice they initiated caused so much confusion, wasted time and gasoline on an order that was not mailed.

I am so happy not to be doing business with them as my experience with other shippers were happy and cordial compared to Crackle's very poor and insulting customer "education" program.

I chose Cackle because of the positive response on this wonderful and informative site. My experience seems to be out of the ordinary for this supplier.

I've read several different threads concerning various hatcheries here over the last couple of years. It seems with every hatchery there are people who complain of terrible service & multiple problems. I've bought chicks from a few over the years: McMurray, Strombergs, Sandhill, Urch/Turnland & I'll include Horstman's Poultry in the mix. I've never had a problem or complaint about any of them. This doesn't necessarily mean other's concerns aren't real, it simply means every transaction is different. All businesses have their supporters & their detractors. I doubt any of the hatcheries are always going to please everyone & I think it's equally unlikely they'll always disappoint everyone. Many of the major hatcheries have been around for a long time. You don't stay in business long if you're not satisfying customers more often than not.

So last month I lost 9 chicks and I was really sad about that. So my dad took the liberty of ordering 15 Sapien chicks from Cackle. I'm really worried about the babies because they were shipped out on the 30'th Since Cackle is in the south and I'm in California the chicks could be dehydrated or dead. What do you guys think?

Well, did you get your chicks safely?

Back
Top Bottom