1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cackle hatchery???

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickenfever, Jul 23, 2008.

1. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Just ordered from Cackle hatchery. Has anyone had experience with them?

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Lots of people have experience with Cackle. Try using the search.

[​IMG]

3. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Thanks That was helpfull! I'm new to this and didn't realise I could use the search feature like that.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Cackle Hatchery is great! They have very nice quailty birds.

5. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I purchased 20 barred rock (5 roos and 15 pullets) back in April and they are doing great. They are all healthy upon arrival and I will definitely purchase from them again and I highly recommend Cackle Hatchery to anyone.

Excellent quality birds!!!

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I purchased some 6 week olds that came from there. I am really pleased with them [​IMG] and probably will order directly from them next spring.

7. KAKBucks

KAKBucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I had an awful experience with Cackle. They didn't process my order that was placed online, I couldn't get through on the phone, they eventually must have found it because after I finally got through on the phone I got a letter with "canceled per customer request" printed on it.

It really screwed up some stuff for 4-H deadlines for me. I think they were overwhelmed this spring, but I would check to make sure they have your order. I might try them again if they change their procedures and can give a ship date and stuff immediately rather than the "you'll get a letter in the mail in 2 weeks" procedure that they were using this spring.

I've heard good things about their chicks, I just couldn't handle the bad customer service.

Kendra

8. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I got 15 beautiful and healthy RIR's and I love them. I have to agree with Kendra......customer experience was awful........and I couldn't get through on the phone either. Eventually, it worked itself out but they need to hire more help if their business is so good.

I just ordered from them again today........keeping my fingers crossed.

9. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Yeah, there was something screwy going on with them this spring. I ordered through my local farm store and it took them almost 2 months to fill my order. They kept sending just bits and pieces to the store instead of the whole order at once. When I finally got my order they shorted me to chicks. The farm store gave me 2 Toulouse goslings in place of them so it worked out. [​IMG] I have never had issues with them in the past.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by