Sing Brightly
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Europe
My Coop
My Coop
Lately, I have been itching to do more incubation-related research and design. I have done a few in-depth articles on building incubators, but one aspect that remains missing from them is actual CAD models and detailed drawings such as would best facilitate reconstruction by someone else. During my weekends, I plan to slowly chip away at the rather time-consuming task of modeling all of my DIY incubators and placing the models into drawings. I am curious if anyone else has CAD experience or has done anything similar. I believe it would be a valuable contribution to BYC's article section and probably quite a bit of fun as well. :caf
I have yet to start but I intend on documenting my progress here.

1638575647495.png

Preliminary sketch page before making CAD models. I'm not going to do dimensioned hand sketches of each part because I don't want to make my life quite that miserable. Much easier to simply let the software translate the model into a drawing.

It's not 100% accurate because I don't have calipers big enough to get anything more precise than half an inch on several measurements. Also, measuring the radius on fillets is a huge pain so I eyeballed them. :lol:
Looks pretty darn accurate to me.

Back
Top Bottom