Cal Duckling Question

michellemcfeely

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Aberdeen, WA
I have a question for the call duck experts. Can you help me to determine what colors my babies will be, I purchased them from a lady who saved me various colors to hatch but didnt seperate out which was which so I'm a bit at a loss. Also is there a way to sex a call duck baby besides the obvious vent sexing, I havent done that before and worry about hurting them if I do it. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Michelle

1. Does she keep her birds separated by color? It looks like you might have some mixed colors.

2. Not that I'm aware of. You will be able to voice sex in a few weeks though.

The parents are of mixed colors... 3 of the moms are black/white magpie, 1 mom is mallard colored, and another mom is a butterscotch.. The dad is most likely a blue bibbed, but there was also a white male and a penciled male in there...
If you go into my pictures you will see my ducks and I think most of them are pictured......

In the pics, the black and whites are magpies (or anacona?? ) the blue and whites are also magpies/anaconas, It looks like theres a white one in there....And a couple look like butterscotch mixes...And one looks to be a blue bibbed...

thats whats fun about the mixed colors.. you never know what your going to get.. But I rarely get any normal mallard coloring.

Hi Alicia, thank you so much for my babies I just adore them. Guess what I got chicks to.lol

The parents are of mixed colors... 3 of the moms are black/white magpie, 1 mom is mallard colored, and another mom is a butterscotch.. The dad is most likely a blue bibbed, but there was also a white male and a penciled male in there...
If you go into my pictures you will see my ducks and I think most of them are pictured......

In the pics, the black and whites are magpies (or anacona?? ) the blue and whites are also magpies/anaconas, It looks like theres a white one in there....And a couple look like butterscotch mixes...And one looks to be a blue bibbed...

thats whats fun about the mixed colors.. you never know what your going to get.. But I rarely get any normal mallard coloring.

You got chicks out of those eggs???? Dammit.. I thought I kicked that chicken out... I guess not... I just hatched out 4 chicks from eggs I pulled from the ducks nest... Or course its my luck that the one chicken that can get in there would be a green/blueish egg layer....Sorry about that...

No there weren't any chickens in those eggs, I purchased them from Del's, now to find a buff orpington rooster to go with them

You got chicks out of those eggs???? Dammit.. I thought I kicked that chicken out... I guess not... I just hatched out 4 chicks from eggs I pulled from the ducks nest... Or course its my luck that the one chicken that can get in there would be a green/blueish egg layer....Sorry about that...

LOL... had me worried there for a second... Im going to ad you to a page on facebook.. theres a lady in rochester that has tons of chicks.. she might have what you are looking for...

LOL.. yea.. Im always quacking at the ducks... there realy fun to have around.. I just cant wait for breeding season to be over with so I can turn them all loose together again with no worries about the girls being molested by 3 drakes at once...

Back
Top Bottom