Calibrating Humidity Meters

Krisitne

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2016
British Columbia
Hi everyone
This is my first time using an incubator. So I have a Hovabator 2370 with an egg turner. My issue is the humidity meters that I have. I’ve bought three Accu-Temp hygrometers and did the salt test with them. All three read 80% with the salt test, when everything I read says they should read 75%. I find it strange that all three could be out by 5%. So I’m wondering, are they reading right or are all three off by 5%? Has anyone else gone through calibrating issues? Stress!!! :barnie

Last edited:
Ok and thank you for your reply. I’ve searched other threads in this forum that have said the same thing. This is my first go at incubating, as I usually have broody Silkies to do the job. I have too many eggs for my girls to hatch them all out his time though. OMG...this is going to be the longest 21 days...I was up three times last night checking temp and humidity. I got hatching eggs shipped from a lady in Alberta with beautiful Sizzles and Silkies so I SOOO want this to go well. Well, on the bright side, I’m stuck at home like so many others, so at least this gives me something extra to do. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom