Calico silkies

Blueblacksplash

Chirping
Sep 27, 2020
I picked up a group of silkies today and they included this little rooster who is apparently a calico silkie! Anyone else have some they would like to share photos of? I have never even seen one before today!
6274CFB5-2A69-447E-AB66-A2EA8F1BD69D.jpeg
3B721840-AF80-4ACE-A17E-D3F80D24D24F.jpeg
C4A11FE6-167F-4058-9496-BBEE9E192B20.jpeg

I picked up a group of silkies today and they included this little rooster who is apparently a calico silkie! Anyone else have some they would like to share photos of? I have never even seen one before today! View attachment 2843251View attachment 2843252View attachment 2843254
He’s a beauty! Not sure exactly how calicos are made in Silkies. I know we have some folks here on BYC working on them. Yours could also be a splash with some leakage officially, but looks calico to me!🥰

Aww he is beautiful! Definitely looks splash calico to me (which is made by introducing red leakage into splash). I bet he'd be great in a splash calico project! 🥰

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of that type of calico silkie myself yet. I'm hoping to breed some in the future though by mixing some of my red pyle project silkies and my red partridge with both paint and splash to try for two different types of possible calico (splash calico and paint with red leakage). It's going to be a few generations before I'll probably have anything you could call calico but I love seeing how others calicos look! 😁

I have these greys/silver partridge with red leakage that are occasionally called calico or tortoiseshell. I personally like the term tortoiseshell for this particular variety as it doesn't often look quite as calico like as some of the other varieties of calico to me (like your pretty splash calico boy). :)

Colby.jpg

silver partridge boy with red 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom