"Calie's" Kittens Are Here! - LOTS OF PICS**

Ok, those wee ones are just WAY too cute!!
love.gif

I have a dilute calico named callie too!

I got her from a shelter and thought she was pregnant. (the shelter owner is a friend, and she has lousy luck with kittens born in there because of all the animals coming in and out, she is not irresponsible) It turns out she was just FAT! Thank gosh, I like kittens, but they are crazy when they start climbing everything!

Good luck with the babies!

vaery pretty calico, calies are my fav, we have a momma and baby cali. momma's name is stormy, oldest son fished her out of a storm drain...baby doesnt have a name yet

My FAV. kind of cats! I had a beautiful calico named Sassy for 17 years! She passed away over 2 years ago and now we have a 2 year old Maine Coon Calico named Lollipop (my son named her)! What beautiful kittens!
love.gif

Here is why you have no calicos. Calico cats have weird genetics for their color. Calico moms will only have tortieshell babies, which usually have no white, just orange, black, usually look brindle. Tortieshell moms only have calico babies. Only female cats are calico or tortieshell, and only males can be males. Orange tabby males some from calico or tortie moms. There is an exception now, that orange tabbies are come out as females now too, so it seems that the genetics are changing.

Congrats on the lovely ones, we are hand raising some right now as the coyotes got the mother.

Back
Top Bottom