Californewbie!

June2012

Songster
5 Years
May 23, 2015
See what I did there? Lol.

Anyway, I'm from California and absolutely love homesteading. I'll be moving to somewhere with a backyard later in life, so I will swim around and look for the answers that pop up in my mind for now. I live in a townhouse at the moment. WAHHH!

I also have emphasis on waterfowl, personally, and have more questions on ponds than anything. However, I can feel the chicken in me start to grow! Don't know if that's a good thing. :p

Tiny little bantam breeds fit really well into town houses and apartments. Just sayin' . There is a good thread called "people with house chickens,: and also one called
show me your house ducks. People who really want to have them find a way. Not only that is can be a good trial one to see if that is what you really want chicken, duck, whatever. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I hope you are able to move soon where you can have poultry. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting a place with a backyard.

Tiny little bantam breeds fit really well into town houses and apartments.  Just sayin' .   There is a good thread called  "people with house chickens,:  and also one called
show me your house ducks.  People who really want to have them find a way.  Not only that is can be a good trial one to see if that is what you really want chicken, duck, whatever.   Welcome to Backyard chickens.

I have considered, but I'll be moving in a couple of years and they'll be outside. I'm in no rush anyway. :)

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us and that you are interested in your own flock in the future.

Personally it took me awhile to make my decision to get my own. It gives you time to investigate the subject and dream about what you want and can accomplish.

There's lots of helpful info on this site and you have the luxury of time to explore it all and decide what is best for you.

I would suggest you start with the learning center articles, there are so many helpful articles there. The coop/run forums have so many examples to explore.

By the time you do decide to relocate, you can be a step ahead with all plans ready to implement.

:welcome   glad you have joined us and that you are interested in your own flock in the future.

Personally it took me awhile to make my decision to get my own.  It gives you time to investigate the subject and dream about what you want and can accomplish.

There's lots of helpful info on this site and you have the luxury of time to explore it all and decide what is best for you.

I would suggest you start with the learning center articles, there are so many helpful articles there.  The coop/run forums have so many examples to explore.

By the time you do decide to relocate, you can be a step ahead with all plans ready to implement.

Thank you for your wise words. I would love for this to happen as I just want self sustainment. I'm hoping for goats afterwards. Haha!

Back
Top Bottom