California Poultry People Meet-Up September 3, 2011

Which meet up location do you prefer?

• Chicken friendly park in Bakersfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicken friendly park in Lancaster

• NoseyChickens House in North Edwards (off HWY 58)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoseyChickens

Feathers On The Ground
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southern California
Our group California Poultry People on Facebook is planning our first meet up in September on the 3rd. We would like to get as many people there as possible so we are considering 3 different locations.

Date and Time will be
Saturday September 3 from 4-8pm

We will have a Potluck/Cookout and we want to beat the heat so thought later in the day would be the best time.

Our Location options are the following

A- A chicken friendly park in Bakersfield, CA
B- A chicken friendly park in Lancaster, CA
C- My house in North Edwards, CA

Here is a MapQuest link to North Edwards- http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=North+Edwards&state=CA

Please
let us know if you are interested in coming. This meet-up is to get to know others in the chicken community, swap birds and other items, learn from others and just kick back and have a good time.

Sounds like fun!! I'm too far to make the trip at that time of day (my night vision isn't the greatest) and it would be a 3+ hour drive home....
hmm.png
But I bet that will be lots of fun for folks a bit closer than me!

Last edited:
I might be able to go if i can get someone to go with me. 2 hour drive to lancaster. 3 hours to bakersfield.

Great, thanks so much for responding! I think we may just be taking Bakersfield out of the running. We will have a place picked by then end of the week and send out invites. Make sure to stop by the Facebook page (link in my signature line) and join too!

being that im the only person in bakersield that raises poultry ,,,
im going to choose

B- A chicken friendly park in Lancaster, CA
or
C- My house in North Edwards, CA

Quote:
It rarely rains out here. It's so sad. It rains all over the place, but always skips my town. I can also get shade tents and stuff from the rental store on base for super cheap, so shade is not a problem out here. And we have big shade trees in the front yard. We also dont need permits if there are more than a certain amount of people at my house.

Last edited:
Quote:
l looked on Mapquest and it is 2 hrs to both my house and Lancaster from the city you live. Would you be willing to come out here? I just want to double check as we set this up. I'd like to get it organized by the end of this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom