California Quail only laying infertile eggs

The enclosed porch could work, too. I've had gambles live in an enclosed porch and it works great. They have lots of space to run and fly and it's easy to hang out with them. How cold does it get in PA? I think California quail usually live in warmer climates.

I have no idea. They live a bunch of different places. The internet is not full of a surplus of california quail articles. They like to just make ones for quail in general which is silly when people can be taking advice geared towards bobwhites for button quail. In PA we have 4 seasons. But the winters are freezing cold. It's only October and starting to dip below 32 at night. If they are right out on the porch I can imagine I would be able to keep a very close eye on them. No idea how I would secure the doors to keep them from accidentally following me outside but if I can figure that out I will try to make it work. Maybe netting or something. The porch has space along 3 sides near the ceiling for them to roost and I could try to give them a nest box up high to go in to escape and start warm. The porch is mostly empty except for a crappy premade plastic chicken coop I have siiting in there to be cleaned out so it would work nicely. Just add some branches and privacy.

Back
Top Bottom