Call duck duckling, prem, obsorbed yolk, but now has grown a new!?!

Dummy1

Hatching
Apr 19, 2023
Hi guy's.
Hopefully someone can help me.
29 days ago I set 6 call duck eggs in my shite Incy.
Unfortunately at around day 18 I had a incy failure, long and short lost 5 of the 6 eggs.
Sorted incy and thought "well let's see how we go"
On day 24 my remaining egg pipped internally, by day 26 no change, so I created a little air hole, and increased humidity.
Following day still no change and the duckling was very inactive. Duckling fully emerged from the egg yesterday (day 28), incredibly weak with a partially absorbed yolk. I have nursed him for 24hrs now, on 20mins cycle of sleep, nibble of food, sleep food, prein etc, at his rythem..... not mine.
Food is duckling crumb, brewers yeast and scrambled egg all smashed up with water. He loves it!!!
Any way's little one is a darn sight stronger however this morning has grown another very healthy good sized yolk again.....wtf?!
As you can imagine I am exhausted after only sleeping in 20min increments, so I've popped him back in the incy in a moist lined cup so I can rest. I figured if he has a yolk he can feed.
I don't think he will make the few hours I am asleep but just wanted to ask if anybody has seen any thing like this before?
Many thanks in advance.

Hi guy's.
Unfortunately at around day 18 I had a incy failure, long and short lost 5 of the 6 eggs.
On day 24 my remaining egg pipped internally, by day 26 no change, so I created a little air hole, and increased humidity.
Following day still no change and the duckling was very inactive. Duckling fully emerged from the egg yesterday (day 28), incredibly weak with a partially absorbed yolk. I have nursed him for 24hrs now, on 20mins cycle of sleep, nibble of food, sleep food, prein etc, at his rythem..... not mine.
Food is duckling crumb, brewers yeast and scrambled egg all smashed up with water. He loves it!!!
Any way's little one is a darn sight stronger however this morning has grown another very healthy good sized yolk again.....wtf?!
As you can imagine I am exhausted after only sleeping in 20min increments, so I've popped him back in the incy in a moist lined cup so I can rest. I figured if he has a yolk he can feed.
I don't think he will make the few hours I am asleep but just wanted to ask if anybody has seen any thing like this before?
Many thanks in advance.
It's impossible for the baby to have "grown another" yolk. Can you get photos of his naval so we can see what you mean?
Did you assist this baby?

Hi guy's.
Many thanks in advance.
If baby only hatched yesterday and still had a yolk sac to finish that baby does not need food.
They don’t usually eat for 24-48 hours after fully absorbing
I would be leaving that baby be to rest so it can gain strength

Back
Top Bottom