Call Duck Egg Development possible loss

Bstella

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
Hello!

This is our first time hatching, we are on day 13 in the incubator.

I have 4 duck eggs, and one egg has twins (I think)

I am concerned about one egg especially and another I'm not sure if I should be worried.

Day 30 I think has not made it, do you agree? and if so what's the right thing to do?
31AEE1CE-432B-4CD8-95B7-ACBC19C20D65.jpeg

And May 30 I am not sure about what do you think?

7AD41FB1-0886-4137-9AEA-330EEC003A5F.jpeg

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Here are the other two that I think are doing well!

May 29 the twins?

EC1E0391-6BCE-4089-BAC3-3E0F4DFB5EED.jpeg

May 28

3B4D04A2-3425-4D5A-B86C-378FBFBB0DAD.png

Hello!

This is our first time hatching, we are on day 13 in the incubator.

I have 4 duck eggs, and one egg has twins (I think)

I am concerned about one egg especially and another I'm not sure if I should be worried.

Day 30 I think has not made it, do you agree? and if so what's the right thing to do?
View attachment 3547607

And May 30 I am not sure about what do you think?

View attachment 3547610

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Here are the other two that I think are doing well!

May 29 the twins?

View attachment 3547613

May 28

View attachment 3547614
Are may 28, 29, 30 & 31 the days they were set? If so, wouldn't they be around 19 days old, not 13 days? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the post. The first one, I am not sure about. The rest seem alive to me. Also having twins is so cool! Good luck with the hatch and please update us on the twins!

Are may 28, 29, 30 & 31 the days they were set? If so, wouldn't they be around 19 days old, not 13 days? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the post. The first one, I am not sure about. The rest seem alive to me. Also having twins is so cool! Good luck with the hatch and please update us on the twins!
Those are the dates they were laid, I picked them up from a local farm and she had written those dates in them. I picked them up from her on May 4th, she s said for me to leave them at room temperature for 24 hours then into the incubator.

I truly don't know what day to use to count but I thought the day I put them in the incubator. So day 1 was May 6th. Hopefully that's not wrong!

Those are the dates they were laid, I picked them up from a local farm and she had written those dates in them. I picked them up from her on May 4th, she s said for me to leave them at room temperature for 24 hours then into the incubator.

I truly don't know what day to use to count but I thought the day I put them in the incubator. So day 1 was May 6th. Hopefully that's not wrong!
Yep, so it is day 14 (in my time zone, what country are you in?). Good luck :)

Please keep us updated on the twins!
Is their egg any bigger than the other eggs? I've always wanted to try hatching a double yolk egg. I have two 5 week old quail and I'm hoping I get a few double yolkers as they start laying, and hopefully they are fertile as they have a male in with them.

Please keep us updated on the twins!
Is their egg any bigger than the other eggs? I've always wanted to try hatching a double yolk egg. I have two 5 week old quail and I'm hoping I get a few double yolkers as they start laying, and hopefully they are fertile as they have a male in with them.
I will for sure! I am really rooting for them!

Back
Top Bottom