Call Duck hatch assist

Samwitch

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 7, 2016
I am hatching my first Call Ducks and 2 out of 4 viable eggs internally pipped 2 days ago. I made an air hole for each of them and waited a full day, then started to open a bit every 4 hours. the picture is a few hours ago. Both look similar to this. Does it look like I should peel back this membrane in the next few hours or let it stay this way over night? I have moistened the membrane and applied petroleum jelly. Babies are peeping but still yawning and clacking, so this means yolk is still being absorbed, right? There were a few blood vessels in the membrane, but brown and not many. This is happening in a classroom (but weekend now and no school tomorrow) so i have to drive to them. Just won't be able to sleep if I should be moving that membrane off of them. Thanks for any help!
IMG_5970.jpeg

I am hatching my first Call Ducks and 2 out of 4 viable eggs internally pipped 2 days ago. I made an air hole for each of them and waited a full day, then started to open a bit every 4 hours. the picture is a few hours ago. Both look similar to this. Does it look like I should peel back this membrane in the next few hours or let it stay this way over night? I have moistened the membrane and applied petroleum jelly. Babies are peeping but still yawning and clacking, so this means yolk is still being absorbed, right? There were a few blood vessels in the membrane, but brown and not many. This is happening in a classroom (but weekend now and no school tomorrow) so i have to drive to them. Just won't be able to sleep if I should be moving that membrane off of them. Thanks for any help!View attachment 3521437
If that membrane has no blood you can pull it back over the egg
I let teachers take all my stuff and hatch but we had one baby who was very late and finally bruised the egg at day 32
We are day 34 and mine looks like yours but I still see veins
I brought my bator and this egg home so I can attend to it so the teacher doesn’t have to go in
Are you able to bring the bator home so you can keep watching them ?

I pulled some back late last night. Went in this morning and one had hatched out, this one needed a little more help with a sticky membrane but then hatched out on its own and both are fine and just went in the brooder. Eating and drinking and strong and well! And I got the entire second hatch on video for the kids to see tomorrow. Phew!

Congrats on the babies
One thing I do is get my teachers to start middle of the week on a Wednesday with calls they can come a bit early so that may mark a difference
The class has got to see themhatch this way
They also put a camera on the bator and do a google meet private with the other classes in the school as well as the families from that classroom

Back
Top Bottom