Call duck hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZooZoo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    I am just 4 days away until my call egg is due to hatch. I started out with three, but am left with only one [​IMG].(i think one might have been infertile). I just candelled the egg and the embyro looks live and well, and also very big. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for hatching call ducks. I thought i have read that they hatch sooner then most ducks? I have the egg in an r-com, do you think i should add a sponge or anything to add humidity or should i just let the r-com do its work? Any info would be appreciated.
    thanks [​IMG]

2. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    I have a call duck egg in with my chicken eggs, since my ducks layed a single one the day i was putting my other eggs in. So I would definitly be curious to read the advice that you receive. Ive heard that call duck eggs are harder to hatch though..
    The r-com is the one thats digital and is programmed for specific species right? i would just think as long as it says the humidity is right then you could just let it do its job.. But I dont have one myself so I wouldnt know..
    Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by