CALL DUCK INFO PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickenboy95, Mar 28, 2009.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    ok i have any questions about the calls i will be getting here shortly.

1. what can they be housed in. i have a big pen about 5 feet off the ground attached to the outside of my coop. would that work.

2. can they free range.

3. what do they eat. i dont know if i am getting adults or ducklings so help on what they both like will be great.

4. what is there favorite treat.

5. how can i make them tame.

6. what do they need to swim in. i have a pond down in the woods but im afraid that they might get eaten on the way there. so would a kiddie pool work.

7. can they fly. if they can i dont want to clip there wings because if they do go down to the pond i want them to be able to have some what of a chance of surviving.

8. do they go broody.

9. do they lay alot of eggs.

10. will they hatch there eggs and care for there babies good.

any help would be great. thanks. cole.

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    they shold be fine in the pin.They can free range but they can fly so you may not what them to.I feed them non-midacted duck feed and duckling feed.Don't know what a tert wold be fore them.holding them and giving some thing spical.I go with a kiddy pool in my pin.They can fly.Some do go brody others don't. They lay 50 +/- a year. They will care for yong. wish yay a good time with call ducks got 3 in the bator right now .

3. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    I am hoping someone will answer you--I have been curious about calls lately too.

4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    hello i anserd. geting 3 snowy 3 blue fawn and have 2 pastils and a grey drake all call ducks

5. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    thank you everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by