Call duck pictures!

One of them seems to be stuck in the shell and really worried about it. It’s very goopy on the inside. What should I do? It doesn’t look like he soaked up the veins yet but it’s a day after hatch and everyone else is hatched.
Can you post a picture?very sorry about your 2 ducklings. He shouldn’t hatch if the veins are still there what about the yolk?

Can you post a picture?very sorry about your 2 ducklings. He shouldn’t hatch if the veins are still there what about the yolk?
Thank you. I don’t know about the yolk I can’t see that far down. I’ve been waiting, and I left one of my duckling in there to hopefully encourage him.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Thank you. I don’t know about the yolk I can’t see that far down. I’ve been waiting, and I left one of my duckling in there to hopefully encourage him.
I would keep him moist with neosporin that does not have pain relief in it. Some others use coconut oil. My one that was all gooey I washed off gently under warm water after I had to peel it out of its shell. It had no blood vessels or yolk though. I would let this one sit a while longer and see if it absorbs the veins. Hopefully it will the yolk too if it hasn't already. You will know that if it is still chewing. Be sure not to get anything in its nostrils or mouth when applying a moisturizer. I am sorry two died. I pray this one makes it.

I lost 3 in our last natural hatch. Every duck that I have helped hatch (only a few) died a few days later - hence my recommendation. Im so sorry you lost some, but it seems to be natures way. Not everyone survives. It is both happy (for the new little one) and sad (for the ones that dont make it).
Let us know if the helped ones make it over time. It would be educational for me.

I lost 3 in our last natural hatch. Every duck that I have helped hatch (only a few) died a few days later - hence my recommendation. Im so sorry you lost some, but it seems to be natures way. Not everyone survives. It is both happy (for the new little one) and sad (for the ones that dont make it).
Let us know if the helped ones make it over time. It would be educational for me.
I had the Humidity evidently too high on my gooey duckling. I had to completely peel it out of its shell and wash it and it was completely fine and is now 2 years old and my biggest duck. I guess some will make it and some will not. I was just very fortunate.

I don’t recommend opening eggs like that when assisting
I make a tiny pin hole and leave them be for 48 hours
Naturally they don’t make big holes
They make a crack and stay like that till zip. All they need is some air to get in but not big enough we can see in
I would keep that membrane moist
Up humidity to 75-80 as it’s so open and leave baby be to absorb
Taking them out to early usually doesn’t end well
Patience is needed when hatching ducklings :)

I don’t recommend opening eggs like that when assisting
I make a tiny pin hole and leave them be for 48 hours
Naturally they don’t make big holes
They make a crack and stay like that till zip. All they need is some air to get in but not big enough we can see in
I would keep that membrane moist
Up humidity to 75-80 as it’s so open and leave baby be to absorb
Taking them out to early usually doesn’t end well
Patience is needed when hatching ducklings :)
Mine was way past due hatching is why I was able to do what I did for it. It had externally pipped but because of all of the goo was unable to break the shell to get out. I was a nervous wreck hatching it out but if I had not of it would have surely died as it was on its second day and unable to break the shell since the internal pip.

Mine was way past due hatching is why I was able to do what I did for it. It had externally pipped but because of all of the goo was unable to break the shell to get out. I was a nervous wreck hatching it out but if I had not of it would have surely died as it was on its second day and unable to break the shell since the internal pip.
Little different after 48 hours
It’s very easy to candle the egg above the air cell at that point
I can tell when they are ready to be helped without having to slowly open looking for veins
When ready you can see through the egg and only see baby

Back
Top Bottom