"Call" duck with funny color

ElizabethinNY

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Central NY
Some of you might remember my posting a few months ago trying to figure out what color this duckling will end up. I thought originally that it was a girl, but it's a boy and his name is Mark. I thought some of you might like to see how he turned out.

Baby pictures:
4 weeks:

Checkers by elizabeth's*whimsies, on Flickr

at 7 weeks:

Pearl and Mary by elizabeth's*whimsies, on Flickr

at 9 weeks:

Mark by elizabeth's*whimsies, on Flickr

5 months (now):

Mark by elizabeth's*whimsies, on Flickr

He's neat looking. He's supposed to be a call duck, but he's a little big and improper...but that's OK. They're just pets.
smile.png
Anyone in upstate NY--I have two male Calls and two male Mallard-Calls up for adoption.
smile.png
Too many boys around here!

His Mama is a Mallard Pied.
smile.png
His daddy is all white with a tiny black spot on his head. He was hatched by an actual Mallard, though! And he thinks she's his Mama!

Are you saying his mom was a GRAY Pied??

smile.png
Yes, Steven, if that's the proper terminology. I am definitely not an expert on Call duck colors. Someone told me at one point that Hattie was a "Mallard Pied" Call duck. These are Mark's biological parents:

Hattie and Roger in November by elizabeth's*whimsies, on Flickr

I have more pictures of Hattie (his mom) that are bigger/better and other views, too, if that's helpful.
smile.png

Last edited:
The female duck you show here looks to be a gray pied from here...what an interesting combination and result with a white!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom