Call duckling has red on feet

Well I have some terrible news. I woke up this morning and little butterscotch was dead beside the food and water bowls. I’m absolutely devastated. I’m not sure why the little died. I’m so very sad and I feel like it’s my fault. I found it beside the water bowl With its head down beside the food bowl. I don’t know what it died from and I blame myself. It has been fine and sleeping with its siblings last night when I went to check on it. I’m just so upset. I’m worried that it drowned or got trampled there but it also just might have died there. It’s head wasn’t in the water so I don’t now what happened it was wet but I don’t know if that’s from being beside the water. I’ve used the same setup forever and I just don’t know what happened. It had been breathing a bit heavier than normal but I thought it was doing ok.:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit :hit:(

I am so sorry she was such a precious tot. What ever happened was out of your control. Please don’t blame yourself:hugs
I am so deeply sorry @FunnyfarmMidwest she was such a sweetie. :hugs
Thanks so much both of you. I just don’t know what happened to her. I’m heartbroken. I’m glad to say that the other two are doing very well. She really hadn’t grown at all in the week that I’ve had her. :(

It’s just hard to know. Yesterday I went out to sit with my flock like I do every afternoon and on the walk way lays one of my chickens dead. We b looked her all over trying to figure out what happened snake bite wound of somekind nothing was obvious my husband thinks her heart gave out maybe it was the same with your little one. :hugs

It’s just hard to know. Yesterday I went out to sit with my flock like I do every afternoon and on the walk way lays one of my chickens dead. We b looked her all over trying to figure out what happened snake bite wound of somekind nothing was obvious my husband thinks her heart gave out maybe it was the same with your little one. :hugs
Aww. Well I’m sorry about your chicken. It might of been her little heart, I just don’t know. :( :hugs

Back
Top Bottom