Call ducks coop size?

BuddyT

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
I went to my uncles duck farm the other day, he is a professional call duck breeder. But i dont know if he gives them enough space. So im asking you how much space do call ducks need in the coop and in the run? his pretty much just had a nest box 1x2 and about 5x1.5-2 feet of run.

It depends how many per pen he has, one person may have the same size pen as another but one make keep a pair per pen and another 6 per pen

If I had pens that size I would put a breeding pair in each, maybe a few would be used for my broody calls with their ducklings, and a the rest would be for birds that I’m growing out. It really depends on how many birds he is putting in the pens. The house my call ducks live in is 4x8 with a run that is around 6x10. This house could most likely fit around 6 or so calls, would I recommend having that many in there, no way. I myself have never had more then 4 adult calls in the house at one time, now sure I could have put a few more in there but I fully believe my birds are happier and healthier b/c they have so much extra room. My breeding pen is really a rabbit hutch with 4 rooms that are 2x3 each that I open up or close off when need be. I have never housed more then a breeding trio in the hutch with every room open again my birds have enough room to be comfortable. A general rule I hear a lot is 3 feet of floor space for duck

Back
Top Bottom