Called In sick...when's naptime?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FrenchHen, Feb 18, 2009.

1. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Ugh. I took a nap this afternoon (like usual...) but I feel worse than when i went down. I have the throat tickle, a runny nose, and I've been hit with the sleepy truck.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Call in, fa sho.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I hate that don't you? I took yesterday morning off to get everything in order from the Odessa connection, then really didn't feel good but went anyway because I hate to be out of my classroom,,,, so they sent home anyway! I felt awful today and went too,, I need to learn to call in darn it, I have enough leave time to take a year off!! We don't have a leave bank to donate to either so I can't give it to anyone who might need it
    CALL IN!! Don't be me!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    call in so you don't share the love! good disease control! ack.

be well! [​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think I have a month of sick days saved up... I don't ever call in sick, either. It's too much work to be gone when one is a teacher. [​IMG]

FrenchHen, I hope you feel better soon! [​IMG]

6. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    With five preps for five periods...calling in is almost as much work as going...but at least one can sleep in.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My thing is this: If you are barfing call in, if you can't get off the pot call in, if you are hacking up a lung and there is green stuff call in. Other than that, I can hang. I don't like to share the germs becaues when I feel better they will all be out and I have to do their work!

8. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I'm lesson planning now.

I called in sick.

My muscles ache all over and I'm tired.

:eek:)

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:I think that's a wise move. Not just for yourself, but for your coworkers as well. Most people like to share cookies, not germs. [​IMG]

10. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i figure your gonna feel awful no matter if your at home or at work,, so you may as well get paid for being sick,, hehe,, and share the germs,, they probably have shared with you before,, gift for a gift hehe [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by