CALLING ALL 4-Hers AND MUSCOVY OWNERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by olp_63, Aug 8, 2008.

1. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm gonna get straight to the point with this one. Does anyone know if Muscovy ducks are showable at 4-H fairs? I know, I know, dumb question. But I have NEVER in all my years at our 4-H fair seen even one Muscovy duck being shown.

Also, I know that our 4-H fair (not sure if they all have the same rules or not) has a special category for showing mixed breed chickens, called Barnyard Classic i believe. This is awesome, but do they allow mixed breed ducks??? It seems like it's only chickens, I'm not sure. This is not related to the Muscovies, but I'm curious...

2. big_brahmas

big_brahmas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    They are at larger ones. Some smaller shows/fair may not have Waterfowl inculuded in their show though.

;] I have been through 10 years of 4-H (this is my last) and I frequently see Ducks, Geese, and Guineas shown.

3. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thank you so much! I figured they were showable, I just wanted to be sure...

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

They should have a specific heavy weight duck breed class for muscovies.

5. josh_bigler

josh_bigler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    windsor, missouri
    i see them every year at the state fair poultry show here in missouri, i have seen them a few times also in 4h shows but not as often! here in missouri ,pekins usually catch the eyes of the judges more than the muscovys,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by