Calling all chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TATERsmom, Jan 12, 2009.

1. TATERsmom

TATERsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    Was wondering if anyone has any funny ways they get their chicks attention? Or is there a special song you sing to them? My friends grandfather used to go outside and call his animals by yelling "sooonnER".I asked him one day why he did that. His response "Because they would sooner piss in the house than in the yard!"

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

[​IMG] That is really cute! Gotta love the old folks! I just call em chick chicks! They dont care! If they think I have food, they come running!

Tina/tfpets

3. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    In a high, sing-song voice, I call chick, chick, chick, chick, chick, chick...

It seems to work quite well.

4. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I call mine in a kind of a whistle if I call them chick chick they just think I am looking for them but when I whistle they know its feeding time..LOL

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just yell "C'mon girls!" By doing this I save time because I get all the chickens (roosters included), one of the dogs and the cat all at the same time.

6. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I weasel real loud and all my chicken come to the coop thinking it's time to hide [​IMG]

Omran

7. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i call, " here chickers, come on chickers"

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I normally call "CHICK CHICK CHICK" but they'll come running if they see anything in my hands.
    A shiny pot works really well.

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    We have a doorway from our kitchen to a back porch/laundry room, and one from that to the outside. If I so much as peek out the back window the girls come flappin' and a-runnin'! Pretty funny. Anytime I go outside I've got 1-4 shadows.

10. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    All I really have to do is talk to them and they start bawking and running around. I usually just talk to them in a normal voice, ask them about their day etc [​IMG] My family is about ready to lock me up.....especially when I tell them they talk back

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by