CALLING ALL INCUBATION EXPERTS!!

Thanks everyone for the help! It's my first time and I want to do everything right! I will set eggs as soon as my silkie lays a egg. She is a staggered layer and I have not got a egg from her in a few weeks, hopefully I get one within the next 2 weeks! All the help is appreciated so keep the tips coming!!
You can store collected hatching eggs if you have a cool place to keep them max around 55°F. This will give you a little more time to collect eggs. Store them pointy side down. They will need to be turned three times a day while being stored. I am able to collect for two weeks with this method. I have hatched stored eggs up to 2 1/2 weeks after laying, but the viability definitely goes down after 2 weeks.😊

You can store collected hatching eggs if you have a cool place to keep them max around 55°F. This will give you a little more time to collect eggs. Store them pointy side down. They will need to be turned three times a day while being stored. I am able to collect for two weeks with this method. I have hatched stored eggs up to 2 1/2 weeks after laying, but the viability definitely goes down after 2 weeks.😊
Thanks! The others lay pretty much daily but of course my only silkie is horrible. I picked her up today and was like lay a egg!! You can do it, just push 1 egg out!!

Yeah, humidity needs to be something you adjust based on what you see when you're candling. If your eggs aircells are averaging too big based on the dates, then add humidity, if they're too small lower it.

I always start out with dry incubating and change it on day 7 if I need to.

Attachments

• size-of-aircell-of-an-egg-e1553822614997.jpg
    size-of-aircell-of-an-egg-e1553822614997.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, humidity needs to be something you adjust based on what you see when you're candling. If your eggs aircells are averaging too big based on the dates, then add humidity, if they're too small lower it.

I always start out with dry incubating and change it on day 7 if I need to.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom