Calling all sewers!!!

Birdie mom

Songster
Mar 27, 2020
Carlisle PA (But my chicks are in NC)
In light of all this corona virus craziness and all the shortages on face masks the world is all of a sudden needing seamstresses and seamsters. True homemade masks don't work as well as factory made masks, but they still offer some protection from the virus and help reduce the amount of droplets of saliva, mucus, and other things that can carry virus germs from spreading into the environment. i am wondering if there are any people on this site who have a gift for sewing or anything related to donating and/or making masks. I am good at sewing, that's about all I can do to help during this virus besides helping and encouraging others. Does anyone know how to setup a donation sort of thing? I am encouraging anyone who can sew to help the production and distribution of masks. I want to join a sort of donation thing but don't know how to start. Anyone know anything about this?

In light of all this corona virus craziness and all the shortages on face masks the world is all of a sudden needing seamstresses and seamsters. True homemade masks don't work as well as factory made masks, but they still offer some protection from the virus and help reduce the amount of droplets of saliva, mucus, and other things that can carry virus germs from spreading into the environment. i am wondering if there are any people on this site who have a gift for sewing or anything related to donating and/or making masks. I am good at sewing, that's about all I can do to help during this virus besides helping and encouraging others. Does anyone know how to setup a donation sort of thing? I am encouraging anyone who can sew to help the production and distribution of masks. I want to join a sort of donation thing but don't know how to start. Anyone know anything about this?
I already tried to do this, set up a thread but no one replied. Joanne fabrics is giving out materials, and you can take them back to them where they will distribute them.
Seems like the best masks are made by using Hepa vacuum cleaner bags. Look up Dr. Ryan Southwork, he has a video on how to make them. Good luck.

I already tried to do this, set up a thread but no one replied. Joanne fabrics is giving out materials, and you can take them back to them where they will distribute them.
Seems like the best masks are made by using Hepa vacuum cleaner bags. Look up Dr. Ryan Southwork, he has a video on how to make them. Good luck.
Thanks for the info! Will check it out!👍

Back
Top Bottom