Calling all silkie experts!

silkieluvr

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Marin, California
Hey everyone, here are a few pictures of my two silkies. They just turned 4 months old and I am still unsure if they're boys or girls, also any comments/ criticisms are very welcome! Thanks!!

P1290177.jpg

P1290180.jpg

P1290176.jpg

The white is definately a pullet, and the buff looks like one as well (full body shots would help
smile.png
). Type looks good on the white, and what can be seen on the buff. Unfortunately, the buff is to dark to be shown.

Thanks so much to everyone that answered, that was much better luck than i normally have, could it really be that both chicks to hatch are hens!? In regards to the buff, would she be okay to breed? Or should I retire her to just being a pet due to the color?

Congdon476- haha, I haven't done anything special with fluffy(white) she's never been bathed, just kept corn out of her diet and she doesn't get a lot of sun exposure. Also, she only goes outside when it's nice and dry.

Both girls and I want your buff!

IMO, The buff silkies out there are getting way too light in color. They should not have an almost white underfluff and a lot of the ones I see do, and they are getting marked by judges for undercolor. Having a darker buff color would help get the color to remain a nice rich buff color in the offspring.

Back
Top Bottom