Calling Amiga and all other runner owners! amiga I need you! Help!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Does ANYONE at all know how to make a silver splash runner ducks I would like to know because my mom is getting som blue runners next spring and she wants ME! To make silver splash but I forgot how! Help!

If your blues produce ducklings approximately 1/4 of them should be silver/splash. These are a couple of mine from my two blues.

31977_splash_runners.jpg

What colors do you get from blues? I know you get some black some silver and some blues. Do you get any white?

1/4 Black : 1/2 Blues and 1/4 Splash/Silver. Technically you can't get whites, though one of my Silvers has always looked pretty white.

I believe a true white Runner would have an orange beak and orange feet, but the offspring from the Blues all have black or greenish grey beaks.

I dont know but you need a silver and a black to make a blue thats why you get blues and blacks and silvers when you breed a blue x blue. Well my mom doesnt want me to make silver splash for her yeah she wants it but I want some to lol.

Bless you, L0rraine, for helping out! We haven't started breeding our runners - I am pondering, still, about that. Each time I read about a rogue drake I think, "do I want that trouble?" Then I read about sweet darling drakes and I think, "yeah, sure, why not?"

So, DUCKGIRL89, looks like you've made some progress with your quest. I think all runners are precious and beautiful, of course! Mine are chocolate and Black, and most have some snow. Zwei has an almost completely white "apron." Some have snow eyeliner. It helps me tell them apart!

Be sure to post pictures of moms, dads, and babies as this project unfolds.

Thanks again, L0rraine!!!!!
clap.gif

Good reminder about the pics. Here are the most likely parents (Juliette and Jet) of the two I posted above. I love the 'snow' in my Juliette as well.

31977_julliette_and_jet.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I think all of my Runner drakes have been pretty good. They've been especially dear and protective (in a hovering way) with their Runner mates. My Magpie drakes, however, have been a real handful, though the Magpie ducks seem to cope fairly well with them.

Back
Top Bottom