calling any one from missouri

FINALLY, a dry day, several dry days in a row! After I go to Walmart, I'm letting Mama Moonshine take her babies outside for the first time. They are 5 days old. Last year, she took babies outdoors at 2-3 days, but it has been pouring here every day.
So what would I rather do, watch the news on TV or watch chickens? :) That's an easy one.
Dry? Where is this dry day you speak of. It just now stopped raining here.

Well, I opened the door an hour ago, and Moonshine can't get the chicks to come out! She goes up and down the steps, over and over, calling to them. I guess it looks too daunting to them. Last year, she only had 3 chicks, and they went right down! (and they were younger) The 7 babies are more independent and don't listen to her as well....
come out!  5-17 b.jpg

come out!  5-17.jpg

As they grow, I remove steps as they can go up easier...fly down.

Noodling around today hiding from the rain I made a Japanese rake for my Poop table. It was a practice rake to see if I like the proportions. I think the handle needs a bit more mass but other than that I like it and it was fun to figure out how to make it.

View attachment 2145421
View attachment 2145422
View attachment 2145423

JT
DH is building me a small coop for the Sprights that I keep. I may make its entire floor into a zen garden too. Are you using PDZ? Sand? Both?

Straight PDZ, I used a kitty litter scoop and a sifter to separate out the poop.

JT
I use PDZ on the poop boards in my coop, and kitty litter scoop too. But shavings on the floor. In the little coop, which is only going to be 4' X 3', I'm thinking straight PDZ for the floor. Later saw an article on sand and thought about mixing the two. Here's one side of the little coop, and the opening for the big door. Its height increases cubic footage which will help make up for the smaller footprint.
coop side.jpg

Back
Top Bottom