calling any one from missouri

Hi everyone. I'm back. Finally got moved to Hale. Got all the
heat/hot water problems taken care of. Only took 5 1/2 weeks. LOL

Now, I'm looking for a large breed chicken mainly for egg laying for
our personal use. I happen to like the feather footed breeds but
don't necessarily need that. Any suggestions on which breed?
And maybe where to get them? I'm not picky about whether they
are chicks, grown birds, or eggs.
Thanks all!

Hi to grammachicken and quackerjackfarms, I'm close to you both too, I'm off Hwy Z & 50 close to Powell Gardens. We've had chickens since June and just got our first egg yesterday! I was very excited!

Quote:
Hey ChickiMama!! Yay for the egg!! I'm about 20 minutes from Powell Gardens. I'm actually in Lee's Summit. I don't know if my profile says that or KC.
I have 8 ducks in the bator with one pipping and one peeping!! 9 Silkies and 34 cochins plus just added 10 more ducks. So that's my story!

Quote:
Brahmas? I think they're beautiful birds, and a few hatcheries still have them. There's always large fowl cochins too, or salmon favorelles. I like the feather footed breeds too, but except for my silkies my feather footed ones are mutts. Cute mutts though.
big_smile.png

I haven't tried hatching my own, we started with day old chicks from a hatchery. We got 30 a combination of black Minorcas, rosecomb brown leghorns, light brahmas and silverlaced wyandottes. My husband is interested in getting ducks in the spring so I'll need to start reading the threads on those to learn about them. I grew up in LS and we lived there till 2002 then moved to the country.

WOW! we are all really close, I am in Odessa, but travel 50 everyday to get to work in LS. nice to meet everyone. I have around 35 chickens of several breeds. some silkies too.

Back
Top Bottom