calling any one from missouri

Hello! I'm Megan and I'm in South Central Missouri. My DH and I have two children - a daughter that will soon be 7 in January and a son who's going to turn 6 next month. We have three chickens who are from a larger coop and were being pecked by the others. The owners wanted to find a new home for them, and we started our chicken journey a little earlier than we expected.

Hello! I'm Megan and I'm in South Central Missouri. My DH and I have two children - a daughter that will soon be 7 in January and a son who's going to turn 6 next month. We have three chickens who are from a larger coop and were being pecked by the others. The owners wanted to find a new home for them, and we started our chicken journey a little earlier than we expected.

Welcome! I have a daughter that will be 8 in January, one that will be 2, and a 3 year old. They love the chickens, and the ducks and the geese and the turkeys and pigeons and quail, lol. Watch out, it'll be hard to stop at just 3 chickens once you start seeing the different breeds and colors. I live in northwest mo. There are quite a few swaps and shows down south that are pretty fun if you get more into the chicken thing. Shows in Sedalia, swaps at Jacob's cave, turkey creek, and a whole bunch of other places I can't remember because they are too far away for me to go to very much. They are really fun to go to if you have one close though, to see all the different birds and talk with other chicken people. Kids love it.

Hello and Welcome to BYC! I agree with the others that you can't just stop at 1, 2 o3! It is very addictive! We started with one little pekin duck and grew to 4 ducks, 50+ chickens, 2 geese and 5 peafoul! We now only have cochins which are my absolute favorite breed and and going to start showing in 2013.

You will find many great people here on BYC and plenty of helpful information when you need it.
welcome-byc.gif

Is anyone looking for any bantam cochins? I wanting to scale back on my cochin varieties and concentrate on Columbian, Buff Columbian, Silver Penciled, Mottled and Mille Fleur.
So I have some cochin pairs, and trios for sale.

I have 7 month old trio splash cochins, I have a pair of blue cochins, I have 3 trios of black cochins

All of these are less than a year old and are currently laying.

PM me if you are interested. I will not ship but will make arrangements to meet half way to where you are.

hi :)

I'm just wondering if we are allowed to ask if anyone in the area breeds such-and-such breeds on this thread or if we still have to go to the Buy-Sell-Trade for that?? I'm looking for people in my area that have roosters that are the same purebred breeds as our hens (and are illness and bug free healthy birds!!) that would be interested in having "conjugal visits" for them...but I'm not sure if that is allowed.

In any case, HI! We live in Independence, MO. :)

Thank you! We inherited a Polish Rooster (a Rusty Orange and Black Variety), a Plymouth Rock Hen, and I think a Leghorn Hen? I'm not the best at the moment at identifying them. My kids love watching them eat scraps. At the moment they had some stuffing for Thanksgiving. We only have a 'Chicken Tractor' and it's not the best, so we are trying to at least get a larger running area for them built so they can have a little more room. The Coop is the next step since they have at least decent shelter. My husband is as excited as I am about the chickens, and it's funny to watch when he comes home and thinks no one is looking how he talks to the Rooster.
wink.png

Our goal is to work up to about 10 - 15 chickens but allow room to go up to 20 if we have to. We actually live just outside Salem, MO. But my husband is from Kansas City, He claims he fell in love with me first, and then the town. But I'm not sure, all I know is he refuses to live in a city if we can absolutely avoid it.

My daughter turns 7 in January. My son turns six next month. (they are 11 months apart, but do look like twins) We plan on going to more things as we get established with our Gardens and our coop. Thanks for the welcome! Hope to see more of you!

hi :)

I'm just wondering if we are allowed to ask if anyone in the area breeds such-and-such breeds on this thread or if we still have to go to the Buy-Sell-Trade for that?? I'm looking for people in my area that have roosters that are the same purebred breeds as our hens (and are illness and bug free healthy birds!!) that would be interested in having "conjugal visits" for them...but I'm not sure if that is allowed.

In any case, HI! We live in Independence, MO. :)
I believe you can ask. Just can't post ads in this section. Might want to pm a mod to check for sure though, but I know I've asked on state threads if anyone had the breeds I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom