calling any one from missouri

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by missourichickenmama, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Cason

Cason Songster

Maybe we can get something put together for us all to have some get together or something.

That's a very good idea!​

2. karanleaf

karanleaf Songster

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Who all in this area would be wanting to get something put together a Dutch dinner or meet and greet picnic or potluck dinner? and where would be good for everyone? Before or after Thanksgiving? Everyone Please put in suggestions..
    Thanks karan

1 person likes this.
  3. flock4allreasons

flock4allreasons In the Brooder

Sep 2, 2008
    Smithville, MO
    Quote:What a small world it is. Our surname is Young, moved away in the late eighties. My father was a loan officer at the Bank of Sullivan.
    Believe it or not I ran into the High PE coach from Sullivan a few weeks ago. He is now coaching in Gower, MO -- just north of here..

4. flock4allreasons

Sep 2, 2008
    Smithville, MO
    Quote:I think it sounds like a great idea.

5. flock4allreasons

Sep 2, 2008
    Smithville, MO
    Quote:So where is this place you drove to? I had to order hatching eggs to get my flock started. Wanting to add a new breed or two, though, maybe this place could be beneficial?

6. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:So where is this place you drove to? I had to order hatching eggs to get my flock started. Wanting to add a new breed or two, though, maybe this place could be beneficial?

I just went to Orschelin's in Bethany. We had already bought all they had here at ours. The RIRs were ordered from Cackle Hatchery. I don't know anywhere around here to get them otherwise, but I have been looking.

7. flock4allreasons

Sep 2, 2008
    Smithville, MO
    Great, just wondered. Like you, I have been looking for something more local for some time.

8. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Songster

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    We are located in the state capital of Missouri. well close enough anyway.
    [​IMG]

9. karanleaf

karanleaf Songster

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Quote:I think it sounds like a great idea.

Anyone got any Ideas??? Please Jump in. [​IMG]
    Karan [​IMG]

[​IMG] chicksinthemachine there are lots of great folks here and tons of help when you need it. You will enjoy being a part of BYC

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Does anyone around here have turkens or know where I can get some? (without ordering them) My son would love to raise a few!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: