calling any one from missouri

I haven't been to Cackle yet, but would love to go.   It's a 2 hour drive for me....

I have been lucky enough to go there twice. It is a great facility. I am now about 2 hours away also. But the thing I love about using them, is when I get three days old chicks shipped from Cackle, I know they will get here quick and they are coming from a short trip away.

We live 5 miles north of Holden, Missouri on a little 79 acre farm. We have enjoyed living in the country so much after retiring from jobs in Kansas City and Lee's Summit. We bought the land several years before retiring and enjoyed our cattle for years but had to sell them due to our age and are now enjoying our newly acquired chickens so much. Our two sons Raymond and David, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren enjoy them also and like getting fresh eggs.

We live 5 miles north of Holden, Missouri on a little 79 acre farm. We have enjoyed living in the country so much after retiring from jobs in Kansas City and Lee's Summit. We bought the land several years before retiring and enjoyed our cattle for years but had to sell them due to our age and are now enjoying our newly acquired chickens so much. Our two sons Raymond and David, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren enjoy them also and like getting fresh eggs.

Sounds like a wonderful place for the grand kids to roam and have fun.

I have silky frizzles, cream legbar & lavender Orpington, some were shipped thou, not sure how they will do.

Where did you get your lavender Orpingtons from. I just candeled my 8 day old eggs and I had 10 out of 16 going. Not great, but I hope I get 8-10 hatched out. Only time will tell .

Hello all! I am a new member from southwest Missouri. I'm looking forward to getting into chickens some day soon but right now I'm being a call duck mama. I have a pair of grey calls I was given and I now have three ducklings born the beginning of April. They grow soooo fast! Does anyone else in Missouri have call ducks ?

Where did you get your lavender Orpingtons from. I just candeled my 8 day old eggs and I had 10 out of 16 going. Not great, but I hope I get 8-10 hatched out. Only time will tell .

A guy out of Republic sells them. Found him on Craigslist, not sure how well their doing yet, the shell is a bit harder to see through and I'm only on day 4 as well.

A guy out of Republic sells them. Found him on Craigslist, not sure how well their doing yet, the shell is a bit harder to see through and I'm only on day 4 as well.

That is great that you found them local. Mine came through the mail. I'm posting my progress in the hatch a long forum page. You should do the same. They will start the May thread soon.

That is great that you found them local. Mine came through the mail. I'm posting my progress in the hatch a long forum page. You should do the same. They will start the May thread soon.

Which hatch along are you in? I'm in the May hatch along, but it's one that started a few years ago, so you have to go to the end of the thread, there's several of us on there
1f60a.png
. Not sure why they don't just start a new thread each year, but yea, I'm in that one. Hope your hatch goes great!

Which hatch along are you in? I'm in the May hatch along, but it's one that started a few years ago, so you have to go to the end of the thread, there's several of us on there
1f60a.png
. Not sure why they don't just start a new thread each year, but yea, I'm in that one. Hope your hatch goes great!

I really appreciate it. I had no idea that they set them up to run like that. I will move my posts over to the May hatch a long and follow yours there. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom