calling any one from missouri

Oh boy that means it's almost Baltimore Oriole time too :clap

Yes! Looking forward to them again too! :celebrate

Last year they were here at the end of April ( the dogwoods were in bloom ) through first of May... basically they showed up right as the trees leafed out... but I wonder if they will be a bit later the year too? :idunno

Well, it got down to 29º here thi morning. But the sun is out.
@shawluvsbirds do you think that Duncans in Lamar will have a poultry swap week from tomorrow? Where did you find the notice for it?

I'm having mixed results from my tomato seedlings, some look real good and others have just withered up and died. Not a clue what happened to them as all are exposed to the same led grow light and same watering.

Had some peppers sprout the other day and took them outside and got busy and the sun came over and was direct on them and they all died... but I'll keep trying.

JT

I'm having mixed results from my tomato seedlings, some look real good and others have just withered up and died. Not a clue what happened to them as all are exposed to the same led grow light and same watering.

Had some peppers sprout the other day and took them outside and got busy and the sun came over and was direct on them and they all died... but I'll keep trying.

JT
oh no, too bad! I can't click 'like' on that......
I usually just buy tomato and pepper plants. There are a couple of greenhouses that have them much cheaper than the big box stores.
`````````````````
We're at 38º this morning. It rained all night.

We are a bit warmer at 45°F this morning. I'm trying to grow some heritage tomatoes you can't usually find in the store, mainly interested in Cherokee Purple but got some Atomic Grape and German Lunchbox as well to try. Plus I like a challenge lol.

Disassembled the raised bed the other day and building it back with more planting area, gotta get that done soon.

JT

We’re at 35 degrees this morning and it’s snowing! It’s not sticking and is almost melted before hitting the ground thankfully.

Edit: I spoke too soon.. . It started accumulating just a bit on the roof and things

@jthornton I’ve grown German lunchbox in the past , I liked them, they had a nice flavor but the did have a bit of a mushy texture. The others you mention I’ve not tried.

Last edited:
I now buy tomato plants with the most disease resistant codes on the label. We lost plants to Fusarium Wilt a few years back, but have been able to avoid it by reading the labels. I guess I could do the same with seed purchase.
codes.png

Well, it got down to 29º here thi morning. But the sun is out.
@shawluvsbirds do you think that Duncans in Lamar will have a poultry swap week from tomorrow? Where did you find the notice for it?
I'm sorry. . I ment to reply to this and I totally forgot!
Did you go check it out? It is supposed to be every second Sunday if I remember right. My duck customer found the ad on Craig's list I believe. She told me about it.

I'm sorry. . I ment to reply to this and I totally forgot!
Did you go check it out? It is supposed to be every second Sunday if I remember right. My duck customer found the ad on Craig's list I believe. She told me about it.
I looked up your post with the CL ad on p 940, it says the third Sunday of the month. That will be Easter, so likely they won't have it this month.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom