calling any one from missouri

Free to a good home
This is Gunther, he’s a 4-5 ft black rat snake. He’s a little insecure about his size and gets a bit grouchy when attempting to measure him. He doesn’t play well with small animals and needs to find a new forever home. He likes to lay in the sun and mind his own business for the most part. He isn’t very cuddly, but he does like to give hugs and kisses to mice.

6C6A3EA0-0A70-468C-B923-2F9E06FEB685.jpeg

Free to a good home
This is Gunther, he’s a 4-5 ft black rat snake. He’s a little insecure about his size and gets a bit grouchy when attempting to measure him. He doesn’t play well with small animals and needs to find a new forever home. He likes to lay in the sun and mind his own business for the most part. He isn’t very cuddly, but he does like to give hugs and kisses to mice.

View attachment 1785298
We have them too! We like having them around....
a rat snake.jpg

We have them too! We like having them around....
View attachment 1785315

I could use a hand with the mice... but I’m skeer’d Gunther will try to hug and kiss the baby chickens... he was headed toward the coop when I bumped into him...

But he’s now found his new forever home down the road a piece at my neighbor’s place where he will have 200 acres worth of mice to cuddle.

My neighbor claims large black rat snakes kill copperheads so I take the big ones to him ... but I’m not sure there is any truth to that

My feisty little Sebright hen, Moonshine, goes broody every month during warm weather. I have put her in the broody buster cage a lot of times. But today, I gave her 3 Spitzhauben eggs. An Amish couple is going to buy my last Spitzhaubens, a pair, so I figured this is a good time to let Moonshine be a mama. She's been broody about 3 days. I pulled out the 2 fake (and 1 real) eggs under her, and replaced with the 3 fertile ones. They were coolish, and I had written on them with marker. She kind of retracted and looked at them a bit, then carefully tucked them under. So far so good. The Spitz rooster, Flugel, hasn't succeeded in winning over any of the hens except his Spitz girl, so that's the only one laying fertile eggs. Moonshine swore that she wasn't ever ever ever going to accept that swaggering scoundrel, but now she'll raise his children.
a pair.jpg Broody day 1.jpg

How do you like the Spitzhaubens ?

I sure like their looks... but for our setup, we need breeds that take confinement well...so I think they’d be too flighty to work.

We have those big black snakes here too! I have removed one from the nest box every year for the last 4 years. The kids at school freak out at the picture of me holding one that is as long as I am tall ( I'm 5'2"). One year I'm afraid one of them accidentally died because it at one of the ceramic eggs in the nest box! :eek: I didn't realize that was what had happened until I returned from releasing him. I thought he had eaten a real egg, but when I got back home I noticed the ceramic egg was missing. Poor snake. I didn't mean for anyone to die. :oops:

I saw my first firefly of the season this evening!!:celebrate :wee

Back
Top Bottom