calling any one from missouri

Do you feed the same time everyday? I've got turkey hens brooding nests now, I step out hollar chow and start tossing food they zoom in, load up...and when picked clean - soar back. When hatching starts hard to budge. Been my experience anyway. Won't get up often or for long so yeah, ya do start wondering why MIA.

Do you feed the same time everyday? I've got turkey hens brooding nests now, I step out hollar chow and start tossing food they zoom in, load up...and when picked clean - soar back. When hatching starts hard to budge. Been my experience anyway. Won't get up often or for long so yeah, ya do start wondering why MIA.

No I have never fed same time everyday. I fill the feeder in the coop 2 times a week. Scraps they get pretty fresh, right after a meal....lol They free range and dont consume much feed.

Other than a couple breeder pens they either range free or have huge runs.
If you always have feed available she can come and go as she pleases - she'll be fine. I need to go to feeders and then just call and toss treats. As it is, I get swarmed any time I step outdoors - and they do eat more this way. On the other side, I get a chance to count beaks and see how everybody is doing.

First born saying "hello kitty"? Thangs that make ya go.... Hmmmmmmm!
lau.gif
LOL I was taking chickie to put in the bator. Wanted a picture of it. I had drawn my daughter a hello kitty. She asked If I could do it...
Sat the bird down..took picture.
But your version is funnier!
thumbsup.gif

Other than a couple breeder pens they either range free or have huge runs.
If you always have feed available she can come and go as she pleases - she'll be fine. I need to go to feeders and then just call and toss treats. As it is, I get swarmed any time I step outdoors - and they do eat more this way. On the other side, I get a chance to count beaks and see how everybody is doing.

I have noticed that since they took to roosting at night, they would eat in the coop right before the chickens went to bed. She didnt get to eat tonight, so if she is still alive, she will be hungry come morning. I will have to watch for her.

Back
Top Bottom