calling any one from missouri

Hi! I'm in St. Louis city with my three hens... wondering where I can get layer feed locally? I've heard about OK Hatchery, but their hours are somewhat limited for me (I work a 9-to-5 job). Have been ordering online, but the shipping is killing me.
Sorry it took 2 weeks to reply!! Better late than never, right? Have you tried OK Hatchery on a Saturday? I know Greene's in Lake St. Louis has feed but that is a haul for you!

Awhile back I Googled feed stores and most didn't really have chicken feed. After a few calls I just decided that OK Hatchery was the place to go. It's not that far, about 15 minutes from me.

Hello!!!!! Just found this thread, and so nice to see so many people from Missouri! I'm new to chickens, getting my first chicks in the next couple days and have 34 eggs set in the incubator. It'll be nice to connect with others nearby, especially as a newbie.
frow.gif
Welcome! I live in the same area!

Ok, so my hatch went horribly wrong right at the end, and long story shot I only ended up with 2 CCL, and the little boy is a bit runty, not sure he'll make, though he did finally start eating. i like the stock from the place they shipped from, but don't want to ship in this heat. DH doesn't even want hatching eggs again, but i do. Does anyone locally have chicks (my honey's preference) or eggs available from FBCM, BLRW, Lav. Am. or BBS Orps? If not I guess we're taking a big day trip, lol.

Ok, so my hatch went horribly wrong right at the end, and long story shot I only ended up with 2 CCL, and the little boy is a bit runty, not sure he'll make, though he did finally start eating. i like the stock from the place they shipped from, but don't want to ship in this heat. DH doesn't even want hatching eggs again, but i do. Does anyone locally have chicks (my honey's preference) or eggs available from FBCM, BLRW, Lav. Am. or BBS Orps? If not I guess we're taking a big day trip, lol.
Nicole
I have pure Lavender Amercauna eggs. $2 each I don't have a dozen as I have one hen .I wouldnt want to sell the eggs that are over 9 days old as they say fertility goes donn after 10 days however some ppl say they hatched chicks from eggs a month old IDK but I wouldnt want to take a chance on over 8 or 9 days
Also should have a few LAM chicks hatch tomorrow actually $8 each
(One has pipped already). They will be ready to go Friday.
I also have a pair of BBS part English Orps
The roo is Black and huge I think 3/4 English and the hen is splash
She is trying to work up to laying her first egg the last few days so should have some eggs soon. However I need to pen them for a month as she has also gotten mixed with one of the Lav Am roos.So the first eggs she has im not sure if pure

I can meet you in Festus if you are interested.
I am in Bonne Terre Mo which is an hour south of St Louis County

You guys are horriable I had to go in there and look at the auctions and now I am trying not to run out and get a couple of new incubators so I can have the quail and sizzle eggs. Oh hubby is not helping much because I know I can get him to say yes. You enablers.
lau.gif
A friend of mine sells Silkie Frizzle and Sizzle eggs and chicksShes about to hatch about 60 or 75... in a few days!
I think she has every color too
Shes in Desoto MO and on Facebook Chicken Swap Mo
Her handle is Debbiechick

Now to toot my own horn for anyone interested....... I have a LOT of Lavender Orpington eggs to sell.
Had orders and now nobody has wanted any for a week but they keep laying LOl
So Ill sell 2 dozen for $28.00 and come to Festus Farmington or Potosi t o deliver free.
3 of my 4 hens are Hinkjc /Greenfire lines

Also have a few Lavender Amercauna eggs and might have a few chicks to sell..... due tomorrow as are some Lo chicks Also
.might have some of chicks available too if one of my buyers changes their mind or /and Depends on how many hatch

Im in Bonne Terre Mo ... SE MO . $20 worth l'll come to Festus Potosi or Farmington

Last edited:
We checked Cackle and they said they were sold out last Tuesday and they were not expecting anymore for the year. We are going back this Tuesday to pick some chicks up so we will check with them again. Thank you so much for looking for us.

Our 4th was ok we just stayed in and enjoyed having a day off if you can call it a day off after taking care of the all the animals.

We got one of our brooder boxes done and started on cutting the rest of the wood we had up for another one. Guessing we are going to end up with about 8 brooder boxes in total so that when we need to start spacing them out we have enough room to do so. We are also making one for the quail and just keeping them inside for awhile. We set 16 Quail eggs yesterday will an expected hatch day of the 26th of this month. We are down to 8 quail out of the 12 that Hatched so hopefully we will not loose anymore and be able to start getting eggs from them to hatch. Between building brooder boxes, runs and coops it is going to be a busy rest of the year for us. On the up side we sold 45 Silkie bantams today so we are happy about that. We got cameras up in the barn last week so we will see if we catch our neighbors messing with our animals up there. We are also trying to figure out on how to repair the barn and trying to make sure it is a little more difficult for them to get in. Don't know if we can really do that with as determined as they are. I'm a little afraid to put anything else out there which why we are focused on building our big brooder boxes for inside. Oh well guess we are going to have to bite the bullet and do it at some point because I really don't want all the roosters crowing inside the house.
lau.gif
A friend of mine in Florida sells button and the larger quail too.Not sure about eggs yet. Shes on BYC .Brookhaven

I dont know much about quail but if you dont mind shipping.... pretty hot now though
.FYI this winter I had just that ....roosters crowing in my bathroom... More than one breed too! Wont hatch so late again thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom