calling any one from missouri

I have an ameraucana chick that looks kind of like that. About the same age. Not sure what caused it!

Bad hair day???
lau.gif

I kinda wondered if she was not very adept at preening in the beginning. I don't know if the feathers would grow funny like that if she didn't get the white casing stuff off or not, but it was a theory. Most of the feathers look normal, but some are sort of pointed and curled. Of course... hers did come in much more slowly than the others too so that wouldn't be a lousy preening issue. All I know is that she's easy to pick out in a group of white pullets... she sticks out like a sore thumb!
thumbsup.gif

Hello everyone! I just recently joined BYC and was just curious if anyone is from the North West Missouri area?
HI fromn SE Mo!!Bonne Terre..
welcome-byc.gif
My kids are in Columbia.Are you near there? What kind of chickens do you have?
I started with eleven 11/2 years ago and now have ...guesstimate...30.Just dont get in to hatching eggs.All i can say.LOL
Mostly Brahmas and Orps.of different kinds and colors Then the Lav Amercaunas and Silkies of course.!

I have a silly question. I have a bunch of barnyard mix chicks that a neighbor gave to me a while back. They're about 7 weeks old now, give or take. One of them was very slow to feather and when they started coming in they were sparse and kinda curled. She's got more now and many of them look normal, but she has a lot of curled feathers. Anyone know what might be the cause?
If the are mix maybe a frizzle was mixed in.? When they are at the awkward stage i think mine have gotten some feathers backward looking for while to .
Should get better when all filled out.

If the are mix maybe a frizzle was mixed in.? When they are at the awkward stage i think mine have gotten some feathers backward looking for while to .
Should get better when all filled out.

I wouldn't mind a frizzle girl! I told the neighbor how this chick was feathering and she seemed really perplexed, so I'm guessing she doesn't have any frizzles. But who knows where all hers came from originally... maybe she has some of the genes and doesn't know it?

I saw in your post above that you have Brahmas. Have any nice Light Brahma cockerels or roos that need a home? I'm looking for a boy. I only have two young girls, but it would be fun to have some Brahma chicks next year instead of mixes. I only have an Australorp roo and some Faverolles cockerels now.

Back
Top Bottom