calling any one from missouri

Mine is a Blue Heeler. Best dog I've ever had, just not good with the birds. She was always fine with them when I was around, I left her alone with them once and she'd killed 3 of them and laid them in a row for me to see how good she had done on the hunt. Didn't even eat them. I put her in the garage if the chickens come out of the run from now on.

Last edited:
River. looks like a black tri in the pics......Freeman is a black tri, Tanner is a red tri.....both are in my profile pic!

She's all redhead.
cool.png

We just lost our tri-black Shetland Sheepdog last thursday... He was 11... and exceptionally special.

Last edited:
Poodle lover here! It's so strange for a farm dog but I gotta tell you the standard poodles don't really know they are poodles. Ours are very good with the chickens, of course you do have to let them know as puppies that they are not toys but I don't have to constantly stay on them about the chickens like I did with some of the other breeds we have owned in the past.

Mine is a Blue Heeler. Best dog I've ever had, just not good with the birds. She was always fine with them when I was around, I left her alone with them once and she'd killed 3 of them and laid them in a row for me to see how good she had done on the hunt. Didn't even eat them. I put her in the garage if the chickens come out of the run from now on.
Ahh....I've heard heelers and cattle dogs have a higher prey drive. Only know some with cattle dogs, and they are even rough on the sheep! Herding dogs are simply the best!

She's all redhead.
cool.png

We just lost our tri-black Shetland Sheepdog last thursday... He was 11... and exceptionally special.

I see! Figured it was just the pics (and how they looked on my phone with only a cup of coffee down!), lol. She is beautiful. So sorry about your little one, it's tough when they pass.

Poodle lover here! It's so strange for a farm dog but I gotta tell you the standard poodles don't really know they are poodles. Ours are very good with the chickens, of course you do have to let them know as puppies that they are not toys but I don't have to constantly stay on them about the chickens like I did with some of the other breeds we have owned in the past.

I love Standard poodles, mostly from a grooming aspect, lol. My DH though, loves everything about them but their coat, he wants to get one in the near future. Your party is much different looking than the one I groom! Much more practical, but I love the fun stuff on them!

I love Standard poodles, mostly from a grooming aspect, lol. My DH though, loves everything about them but their coat, he wants to get one in the near future. Your party is much different looking than the one I groom! Much more practical, but I love the fun stuff on them!

LOL, yeah she had a run in with stick tights during the summer and had to have a shave down. Working on growing her coat out for winter. I'm a groomer too how fun is that
hugs.gif
I only do one other standard besides my two. They aren't too popular in these parts but other than grooming expense I don't know why they aren't. They are awesome!

Here is my chicken guard dog Sophie .English Masitff So far ignores them always but if the male Bubba got in the front yard with them and her tooI know she would follow his lead and kill some or help.Great fun.A follower not a leader
Dont have any preditors so far. with her patroling off and on. She did help me keep a coyote away one night while I put the chickens in coops .I trust her with the chickens so far not with the chicken feed... She loves it and sadly the poo .GUH.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom