calling any one from missouri

Where is this store in Columbia. I'm near Jefferson City and haven't heard of it. Are their chicks better than TS?

So is everyone trying to dig out?! LOL! Been awfully quiet in here.

Since we were talking goats, I thought I'd share. (I don't think I already told you guys) One of my goaties had her first set of kids a week ago. It was only 8 degrees the night she delivered... they arrived at 11:30 and 11:45. Two ADORABLE lovely white girls. The cold almost did them in despite being born inside a barn with heat lamps on them. In fact, the first born's little ears froze while I was trying to dry her off! I had to use a hair dryer to thaw them out. It was a rough beginning, but they both survived (and miraculously... so did I after 3 hours of trying to help them get up and nurse).

Without further ado... may I introduce Lilly (standing) and Nyla.

Lilly got her name because she is absolutely Lilly white and she's refined and elegant. Nyla got her name because she endured those awful frostbitten ears. (Nyla was the Inuit wife of Nanook of the North). She's sturdy and thriving now!

A few more pics... just because.

You new additions look great lunge!

Hello everyone sorry I have been gone for awhile but we had an interesting winter. We welcomed our seventh child in November and I was put on bedrest in early August. We were able to put a tractor together but we basically had to sell all the chickens we had last year. We learn't a lot last year and are planning a very busy spring. We are looking on extending our existing barn to build chicken coops off of and runs. We are also looking at building a barn house this year so we will be busy busy busy building. We have also researched breeds and decided we will focus on five breeds of chicken this year as well as blue guineas. We invested in a five deck brooder (like the ones you see in hatcheries). We also bought a rosewood incubator. It does need to be refurbished but we got it at a great price so putting some money into it will be well worth it. How is everyone else doing?

Hello everyone sorry I have been gone for awhile but we had an interesting winter. We welcomed our seventh child in November and I was put on bedrest in early August. We were able to put a tractor together but we basically had to sell all the chickens we had last year. We learn't a lot last year and are planning a very busy spring. We are looking on extending our existing barn to build chicken coops off of and runs. We are also looking at building a barn house this year so we will be busy busy busy building. We have also researched breeds and decided we will focus on five breeds of chicken this year as well as blue guineas. We invested in a five deck brooder (like the ones you see in hatcheries). We also bought a rosewood incubator. It does need to be refurbished but we got it at a great price so putting some money into it will be well worth it. How is everyone else doing?

Congratulations on your baby
Spring is around the corner
Sounds like you are ready
Only to be young again
Good luck
I am down by the Ar states line

Yes we are getting there. We just have to find help to get the runs built. And I wish I was young. LOL! It is going to be an early spring regardless of what the groundhog said. Birds are already flying north so I know spring has arrived.

Back
Top Bottom