calling any one from missouri

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kelly and I grew up in Mexico, Mo and then lived for a few years in KCMO. I currently live in Florida but am going to be moving back to the KC area in about a month. I am currently just an aspiring chicken person. Right now I am just getting info and trying to get my sea legs so to speak so that when the time is right I can jump right in. If I was handed a magic wand I would definitely have a big flock of chickens, a few goats (milk and maybe fiber), a rabbit or two, and heck with a magic wand at my disposal maybe the body of a swimsuit model and a billion dollars. Until that magic wand comes in the mail I am looking forward to maybe getting a handful of chicks soon and living vicariously in the mean time.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kelly and I grew up in Mexico, Mo and then lived for a few years in KCMO. I currently live in Florida but am going to be moving back to the KC area in about a month. I am currently just an aspiring chicken person. Right now I am just getting info and trying to get my sea legs so to speak so that when the time is right I can jump right in. If I was handed a magic wand I would definitely have a big flock of chickens, a few goats (milk and maybe fiber), a rabbit or two, and heck with a magic wand at my disposal maybe the body of a swimsuit model and a billion dollars. Until that magic wand comes in the mail I am looking forward to maybe getting a handful of chicks soon and living vicariously in the mean time.
Good morning Kelly and I would like to welcome you back. Your choice of when to move back reminds me of a joke my wife saw while on a vacation in Maine. "If you can't stand the winters you don't deserve the summers"

frow.gif

We live north by the airport, hope to have you live next door. When you get through with the dream and get down to the order form let us know what breed or breeds you pick.

John

People down here are a little stand offish but if she is a church goer that is a good way for her to meet people.

Our breeds are:

Black Copper Marans
Black Australorps
Buff orpingtons
silkie Bantams
Partridge Cochin Bantam

I guess technically we are going to do six breeds because we are butting a couple of easter egger hens in with the Marans so we can get some olive eggers

She just told me this morning that there is a church she's eyeballing down there. I don't think she's gone to one yet. That was about the only thing she was sad to leave behind when she moved, she loved the church she went to.

Maybe when I head down to visit her next time, I could swing through and meet you and your critters! I have a couple Australorps and really need to get a couple more pullets or hens for some new blood. Wouldn't mind finding a nice Buff Orpington roo either!

Hi Kelly!
frow.gif
Do you know what area you'll be moving to? I'm about 45 minutes south of downtown KC. LOVE it here. I've got chickens, goats, llamas, horses, and will have rabbits again eventually. If you have any questions or want a critter buddy when you get to town, give me a holler! You'll definitely need a critter buddy. You'll find that family and friends who aren't afflicted with an animal addiction just don't "get it" and they are easily bored with our stories, photos, etc. It's frustrating when they don't show the proper amount of excitement and enthusiasm over things that elate us!

The church we go to is in Buffalo, MO but we live right on the line of Buffalo and Long Lane.

And most definitely stop by we just got about 250 chicks this morning and we will have about that every week or so. We found out last year where to buy and whom to buy from. There is an auction we go to in Bolivar, MO and we know the regulars and know which ones have good stock. The other one we buy a lot from is Cackle and I know some people don't like buying from hatcheries but they have never done us wrong. We had a Rhode Island rooster we got from them about two years ago and everyone that saw him wanted him and they all said we should show him. Unfortunately we were invaded by foxes and the foxes picked him first.

Wow jelly. That's a lot of chicks! I do good with 5... Lol!
Speaking of chicks... Hatched some bantam cochins and Lemon cuckoo Orps yesterday. So cute but all 3 Cochins had curled feet. Guess they were too crowded in thier shells.
Been hearing lots of people saying chicks are hatching early this year. Anyone else hearing or experiencing that?

Where is this store in Columbia. I'm near Jefferson City and haven't heard of it. Are their chicks better than TS?

Do you mean Bourne? You can actually see it off of 70 between highway 63 and the lake of the woods exit. It is on the outerloop rd. I don't know about TS.But iif you check out these guys they have a great variety and their chicks worked out great for us..
We have picked out some for this spring that will hatch in march

Back
Top Bottom